Accelerated Leadership Development Program - Engineer - Supplier Management
Schaeffler is a dynamic global technology company and its success has been a result of its entrepreneurial spirit and long history of private ownership. Does that sound interesting to you? As a partner to all of the major automobile manufacturers, as well as key players in the aerospace and industrial sectors, we offer you many development opportunities.
Your Key Responsibilities
Schaeffler, a global motion technology company, is seeking eager Engineers for our facility in Wooster, OH. The ideal candidate would have a supply chain and purchasing interest. This is a two-year Accelerated Leadership Development Program that focuses on a Purchasing path comprised of four six-month rotations that provide cross-departmental exposure. Each rotation can be located at any of our facilities throughout the North America Region (USA, Mexico, and Canada), including the possibility for international rotations. The first rotation will start in Wooster, OH. Upon graduation of the program, a permanent position in Wooster, OH is guaranteed.
In this Purchasing path, our accelerators…
- Partner with a mentor who is a seasoned professional purchasing manager to develop best practices and evolve into a leader at Schaeffler
- Gain knowledge alongside experts in areas such as purchasing processes, negotiation tactics, compliance, and business relations.
- Plan, initiate, coordinate, and monitor business relations with dedicated suppliers
- Implement purchasing strategies and effective negotiation tactics in assigned area.
- Are trained based on the 70:20:10 model which emphasis a mixture of hands-on experience, mentoring, and formal training
- Are given training and tools to develop leadership skills
- Present their rotation accomplishments at the end of each rotation front of the Executive Board, senior management, mentors, and supervisors
- Receive company housing for the duration of the program (two years) and a competitive salary and benefits
- Become equipped for your guaranteed Purchasing Buyer upon completion of the program
For this high-potential development program, we are looking for candidates who are ambitious, creative, enthusiastic, and passionate about leadership and their professional growth.
Qualified candidates will have…
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering-related field
- 3.0 minimum GPA
- At least two rotations of co-ops or internships
- Strong purchasing experience
- Strong negotiation, project management and problem-solving skills
- Experience in leadership preferred
- Self-motivated & driven to achieve results
- Continuous improvement approach
- Excellent organization and Communication skills
- Willingness to relocate every 6 months
- Company Housing during domestic and international rotations
- Comprehensive Benefits Package Including:
- 15 Days’ Vacation plus Wellness Days
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- 401k Match Up To 6%
- Fitness Center Reimbursement
- Tuition Reimbursement for Continuing Education
- Employee Appreciation Events
- See all our Benefits on www.schaefflerbenefits.com
As a global company with employees around the world, it is important to us that we treat each other with respect and value all ideas and perspectives. By appreciating our differences, we inspire creativity and drive innovation. In this way, we contribute to sustainable value creation for our stakeholders and society as a whole. Together, we advance how the world moves.
Exciting assignments and outstanding development opportunities await you because we impact the future with innovation. We look forward to your application.