Procurement Internship Program
RPM International Inc.
Our Procurement Internship Program is an opportunity for undergraduate and graduate students to gain valuable, real-world experience working for a $7 billion public company in the area of Procurement. This would be a unique opportunity to experience and work in different environments within Procurement at RPM. It will give insight into how the functions work at Corporate Headquarters and separately within an Operating Company driving optimum value for the RPM organization as a whole. The length of the internship is flexible, however is typically 12 weeks over the summer.
Center Led Procurement Rotation
The Center Led Procurement role will be based in RPM’s Corporate Headquarters in Medina, Ohio.
- Supporting Procurement on global sourcing projects spanning across the RPM organization
- Cleansing and widening the scope of RPM Procurement data
- Consolidation and alignment of Procurement spend at category level
- Supporting Strategic Sourcing Directors with sourcing activities
- Spend and market trends analysis
- Working with the Compliance and Sustainability function on Third Party Due Diligence processing.
- Communicating with Operating Companies to develop data, information and project analysis
Operating Company Procurement Rotation
The Operating Company Procurement role will be based at a Northeast Ohio Operating Company or virtually supporting a North American company.
- Supporting operational Procurement activities such as Purchase Order placement and shipment tracking
- Liaising with Procurement teams and plant buyers to support manufacturing planning processes
- Analysis of inventory levels across key products
- Preparing reports and presenting results to management
- Communicating with central Procurement and other Operating Companies to develop data, information and project analysis
- Other general administrative duties
**Other duties as assigned.
Relationship and Contacts
- On a daily basis, the Intern is expected to interact in small project teams by assisting other staff and interns with the completion of their projects while working under the supervision of RPM managers.
- On a regular basis, the Intern will work with Strategic Sourcing and Procurement leaders within the Corporate Headquarters as well as key managers at our operating companies. These interactions will include reporting on key activities and initiatives.
- On a periodic basis, the Intern will have the opportunity to meet and interact with key RPM leaders, including the Chief Financial Officer, Vice President – Operations, Vice President – Manufacturing, Vice President – EH&S and leaders from the Legal, Compliance and Sustainability teams.
- Student currently majoring in Supply Chain, Procurement or related Business fields.
- Interest in working in a Supply Chain and/or Procurement environment
- At least a 3.2 overall GPA
- Ability to travel domestically
- Leadership experience in extracurricular activities
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to thrive in a team environment
- Strong interpersonal skills
RPM International Inc. (NYSE: RPM) is one of the largest coatings and waterproofing companies in the world. While best known for its consumer-facing DIY brands such as Rust-Oleum, DAP, and Zinsser, RPM is also a company of leading brands in infrastructure rehab and repair products, protective coatings, roofing systems, sealants, and adhesives, focusing on the maintenance and improvement needs of the industrial, specialty, and consumer markets. Our products are sold in approximately 170 countries and territories, and we operate manufacturing facilities in approximately 122 locations. Nearly one-quarter of our sales are generated outside North America.