HS Spanish/French Teacher SY24/25
Title: Classroom Teacher-High School Spanish/French Teacher
Reports to: Principal, assistant superintendent, local superintendent
Work Activity Classification: Light
Employment Status: Full-time
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
1. Appropriate State of Ohio teaching certification/licensure (Certified to teach high school Spanish and French)
2. Demonstrate a sincere desire to aid all students
3. Demonstrate aptitude for successful completion of tasks assigned
General Description: Help students to learn subject materials and skills which will lead toward the fulfillment of their potential for intellectual, emotional, and
psychological growth. Direct and evaluate the learning experiences
of the students.
- Maintain accurate student accounting records and become familiar with the cumulative records of all students in classes as required by district policy; maintain professional ethics.
- Establish and maintain cooperative professional relationships with students, parents/guardians, colleagues, and community members.
- Provide appropriate documentation as established by the LPDC guidelines for professional growth. Do necessary class work and clerical work to maintain, upgrade, or renew teaching certificate or licensure on time.
- Dress professionally.
- Provide guidance and counsel to students, which will promote their welfare and their proper educational development.
- Administer the classroom and its program of organization and management. Discipline and control should be maintained at all times with those whom the teacher is charged with supervising.
- Establish and maintain cooperative relationships with parents through effective use of interim reports, report cards, and conferences.
- Write clear and usable lesson plans that correlate with Ohio Department of Education standards, and proficiency guidelines, and district courses of study.
- Submit lesson plans on time.
- Demonstrate knowledge of subject matter.
- Be prompt in arriving and dismissing a class in conformity with school schedules, as well as reporting promptly to school and to any meetings called. The teacher is not to leave school before the regular scheduled time unless permission is secured from the principal.
- Present clear, complete, and accurate explanations suitable to levels of learners.
- Approach subject matter in a positive and enthusiastic manner; present subject matter in a calm, self-confident, and poised manner.
- Receive learners’ questions comfortably, and answer them clearly and completely.
- Give positive reinforcement to acceptable academic and social behavior.
- Consistently confront undesirable behavior with firmness and fairness.
- Monitor student behavior and activities.
- Cooperated with special services programs, i.e., DH, LD tutoring, LD resource, Small Group Instruction Teams and will endeavor to make provisions for individual differences in students.
- Ask relevant questions of varying difficulty throughout the lesson to check for understanding.
- Encourage active student participation.
- Assess student progress.
- Provide homework that is relevant to the learning objective.
- Provide for the care and protection of district property.
- Keep an active record of texts, supplies, and equipment used in the classroom.
- Refer attendance, health, and psychological/emotional problems to the principal and/or guidance counselor.
- Assist in the selection of textbooks, equipment, and other instructional materials.
- Accept a share of responsibility for committees and co-curricular activities.
- Attend county, district, and faculty meetings (seminars, conferences, workshops, and so forth) as adopted in the district’s calendar unless excused by the principal.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be a positive role model for students.
- Conduct other teaching related duties as assigned by the principal and as permitted by the negotiated agreement.
Additional Working Conditions:
- Occasional exposure to blood, bodily fluids, and tissue.
- Interaction among unruly children.
Terms of Employment:
Salary and work year to be established by the board of education and the negotiated agreement.