Substitute Teacher for Daycare
We are hiring Substitute Teachers that bring experience and energy to Daycare centers! Are you an Early Childhood Education or Childhood Development major? Ready to kick start your career while finishing your degree?
- Vacation/PTO (1.54 hrs a week for 30 hours)
- Paid 6 holidays and paid birthday off
- Paid Maternity and Paternity leave
- Paid onboarding and training
- Flexible scheduling
- Work life balance
- No weekends!
- No overnights
- Weekly pay
- Same day pay option
- Direct deposit
- Employee referral bonus
- Quarterly incentives
- Medical, dental, vision, life insurance
- Wellness reimbursement twice a year
- $20 Substitute Survival Kit
Start Date: Contingent on completion of background check and onboarding tasks
Ideal Candidate Characteristics
- Passionate about the fundamental importance of preschool education
- Excited to support children as they learn and grow
- Self-awareness, integrity and a positive attitude
- Integrity and adherence to rules and regulations
- Great Communication skills
- Consistent Attendance – reliability is a must
- Must exemplify our Core Values – Build Trust, Be Adaptable, Bring Kindness.
- Must be willing and able to pass a extensive FBI/BCI background check
- Must have reliable transportation
- Must have at least one year of experience in the field
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Early Childhood Education Majors highly invited to apply
Teacher Responsibilities include:
- Implement activity plans provided by childcare centers when available
- Reliable transportation to travel among childcare centers in the community
- Respect the differing cultures you will collaborate with in the community
- Upkeep of classroom cleanliness and sanitation
- Operate alone in a one teacher ratio classroom or collaborate and support a second teacher in a double- ratio classroom
- Be an active listener and an effective communicator
- Willing to think outside the box, have fun, and leave a lasting good impression on all our partners
Sunflower Childcare Substitutes is changing the idea of what it means to be a preschool educator. As a substitute for child care centers, you will get higher wages and a variety of hours a week to choose from. Travel to different programs in your community, with the opportunity to find a permanent teaching placement if you desire. Teachers have always been heroes but in today’s climate, substitutes are truly saving the day by keeping centers in ratio!
What does the day in the life of a substitute look like? You'll start your day being greeted by center staff, they are looking forward to your help! Centers are in need of substitutes for all age groups, which means you could be in a classroom with infants, preschool or school age, we will also take your preference into account when placing you in a center! Your day will go based on the age group you are with; do you love holding and feeding babies? Or maybe you're more in tune with active pre-k four year olds? Do you enjoy helping children learn their ABCs or do you prefer helping children take their first steps? As a substitute, you have many options of what you'll be doing in a classroom!
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $15.00 - $18.00 per hour
Expected hours: 24 – 40 per week
CDA or Education major highly prefered, but not required with experience.