Business to Business Sales - Insurance
Commercial Risk Advisor:
O’Neill Insurance is seeking a dynamic, highly-motivated, people-oriented, relentlessly-competitive person who exhibits a strong work ethic and desire to grow and excel quickly in their career.
If you have the dedication and drive, and are seeking to be a part of a company with an award-winning culture that invests heavily in its people, then this may be the perfect opportunity for YOU!
Read the job description below, and if it sounds like a fit
The Business Development Specialist is responsible for prospecting, soliciting, quoting and selling business insurance. Specific sales goals and service responsibilities are determined during the quarterly planning process for this position. Meets service and sales standards of volume with timeliness and quality.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties
- Identifies and develops insurance prospects and appropriate markets
- Responds to referrals quickly and effectively
- Prequalifies insurance prospects for insurability and quality of risk
- Creates and maintains client or prospect list
- Designs insurance programs and recommends coverage to clients
- Surveys loss exposure, needs, and possible uninsurable or difficult to insure exposures for clients
- Creates insurance proposals; makes sales presentations to prospective and existing clients on new and renewal business
- Completes and submits application and related documentation to appropriate insurance markets
- Develops, follows, and completes sales objectives
- Asks for referral from insured to help generate new business
Retention and Continuous Marketing:
- Develops a book of business that’s profitable for both the agency and the carriers
- Works with clients to ensure limit and coverage adequacy
- Provides needed information and clarifications about clients to company personnel, and documents in our Agency Management System.
- Takes advantage of cross-sell or up-sell opportunities that are in the best interest of the client
- Reviews existing policy coverages, at least annually, to ensure accounts are up-to-date and determine whether or not they need remarketed
- Assists service staff to collect client information in preparation of schedules of insurance, summaries, and renewal proposals
- Reviews appropriate policy change requests and other account activity
- Recommends and helps insureds carry out loss control programs
- Retains assigned percentage of accounts at each renewal
- Continues to develop relationships with insured
- Accepts and handles any duties/prospects as assigned by agency management
Personal and Organizational Development:
- Participate in sales meetings
- Identifies training needs with assistance from managers. Develops a personal improvement plan, and takes responsibility for learning and improving technical and sales skills regularly.
- Reads and interprets technical manuals and insurance information from carriers, vendors, publishers, etc.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- College education or equivalent business development and/or insurance experience
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing with others, to explain complex issues, to receive and interpret complex information, and to respond appropriately
- Ability to understand written and oral communication and interpret abstract information
- Property, Casualty, Life and Health License preferred
- Adequate knowledge of rating procedures, coverages, and industry operations to effectively manage, maintain, and write assigned client and prospect lists
- Ability to generate new business sales, retain existing business, and to close sales in insurance
- B2B Sales Experience
Compensation & Benefits:
- Competitive base salary + commission
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Life Insurance Plan
- Vacation, Holiday & Sick Time
- 401(K) Plan with Employer Contributions