Distribution Center Intern-Navarre, OH
Tractor Supply Company (TSCO), the largest rural lifestyle retailer in the United States, is dedicated to enhancing our strong company culture built on our team members’ commitment to our Mission and Values. With over 1,800 stores in 49 states and an innovative e-commerce platform, Tractor Supply ranks in the Fortune 400 with revenues of approximately $8 billion and growing! Come grow your career with us as we serve those who live “Life out Here”!
The Distribution Center Internship program cultivates students' professional and personal growth through exposure to day-to-day DC operations and one-on-one mentoring sessions. The purpose of the program is to develop talent by offering an opportunity to learn firsthand about our company, our culture, and our industry. We seek candidates who are highly motivated, value honesty and teamwork, and possess strong leadership skills and integrity.
What you can expect from interning with TSC:
- Hourly competitive pay rate
- 10-12 week full-time (40 hr) schedule in the summer
- Completing a project to improve DC operations and presenting a solution to leadership
- Formal check-ins weekly with an operations manager
- Performance reviews at mid-way and completion point
- Other job duties as assigned
- A 12 week rotation program in each of the main functions within the DC. In each rotation you will learn about the function and how it contributes to the DC.
- Your internship will include time spent in each of the following areas:
- Let Down/Put Away
- Order Fill/Picking
- Inventory Control
- Must be pursuing a Bachelor's degree from an accredited university at the time of the internship, preferably a rising Junior or Senior
- Course work related to supply chain, logistics, transportation, or general business is preferred Previous internship or industry experience is preferred
- Must be computer literate (basic Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- May be required to lift 50 lbs. Must be capable of sitting, standing, and/or walking for extended periods of time. Required to work in a physical environment that is subject to temperature extremes, movement of mobile and fixed equipment, possible exposure to hazardous products, and other conditions associated with a warehouse operation.