Physical Education Teacher- Contract Substitute
Category: Elementary School Teaching
Date Posted: 11/28/2023
Location: Cornerstone Elementary School
Date of Availability: Upon Hire
Date Closing: Until Filled
VACANCY NOTICE: Physical Education Teacher- Contract Substitute
LOCATION: Cornerstone Elementary School
EFFECTIVE: Upon Hire
POSTING DATE: November 28, 2023
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Until Filled
- Ohio Licensure in Physical Education (K-12) preferred, Valid Ohio Teaching License or Long-Term Substitute License required.
- Excited to create a rigorous and nurturing classroom environment that prioritizes student learning and social-emotional development.
- Design and effectively deliver developmentally appropriate curriculum and instruction that reflects observations, assessments, and goals of individual children.
- Share best practices with other teachers and collaborate with them to improve instructional and assessment practices
- Desire to collaborate with colleagues to create cross-curricular learning experiences
- Incorporate 21st-century technology skills into daily classroom practice and team settings.
- Training and experience with a wide variety of physical activities including, but not limited to, lifetime sports, rhythm and movement, physical conditioning, and aerobics
- Ability to design and implement effective classroom management and discipline plans for the entire classroom and individual students.
- Training and experience working with students with special needs in the regular classroom
- Communicate consistently with families regarding the academic and social-emotional growth of their child.
- Collaborate and communicate effectively and respectfully with all colleagues.
- Facilitate regular parent/guardian conferences to discuss student progress.
- Ability to work closely with others to implement special programs, integrated curricula, building projects.
Candidates (unless current employees) must pass a criminal background investigation prior to employment.
HOW TO APPLY:
External Candidates: Submit an APPLITRACK application, current resume and transcripts online. Upload other documents as required on the application or posting. Paper documents will not be accepted.
Applitrack Link: http://www.applitrack.com/wooster/onlineapp
or visit www.woostercityschools.org and click on Employment to navigate to all current postings
Wooster City School District is an equal opportunity employer with a strong commitment to create and sustain a diverse, equitable, and inclusive community.
Wooster City Schools uses the applicant tracking system from Frontline Education to manage employment applications online.