Mechanical Engineering Co-op (Fall 2024)
Reports to: Director of Engineering
Job Description: Support the engineering team to: complete project work, model and create drawings of product line, develop work instructions.
Hourly Rate: $15-20
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Work directly with engineering team to produce solutions for a variety of problems
- Design of shop and product ancillary equipment.
- Develop the legacy product line information to modernize product records. This includes updated 3-D, 2-D CAD models and drawings.
- Develop Work Instructions for current practices to increase efficiency of engineering resources.
- Design, review via group discussion, and directly communicate with the fabrication shop to manufacture solutions for the product.
- Contact vendors to inquire about and specify materials for quoting, purchasing, and innovation.
- Contribute to company meetings where support and input is necessary.
- Observe certain shop procedures to document a record for rebuild and reference.
- Participate in the development of more efficient methods for modeling and file storage / organization.
- Use Excel to record and catalogue modelling work, as well as create calculation-based spreadsheets for design work.
- Use company ERP system.
- Interact and develop working relationships between engineering department and shop floor to ensure design to manufacturing compatibility.
- Opportunities for other tasks as assigned to support company operations.
- Currently enrolled Engineering or Mechanical Technology student pursuing degree. B.S. Mechanical Engineering preferred.
- Minimum Sophomore status.
- Working knowledge of basic CAD programs and ability to adapt to new programs.
- Inventor or SolidWorks experience.
- Team oriented mindset, with strong desire to learn from others.