Physical Therapist - Samaritan Outpatient
Coordinates and delivers neuro-protective developmental care within the Neonatal Units (ICU and Step Down) utilizing an integrated, relationship based, family centered model which recognizes that developmental care is essential care.
- Facilitate a culture of delivering best practices in developmental care and awareness of individualized patient/family needs and effective interventions among all staff.
- Provide leadership in developing a neuro-protective care environment utilizing evidenced based conceptual models and existing research to enhance staff education, engagement and efficacy.
- Structure collaboration with multi-disciplinary staff and families to assess and support dynamically changing developmental needs from admission through discharge.
- Demonstrate expertise in implementing in-house developmental programs by reaching out and networking within the larger neonatal/educational community.
- Utilize advanced discipline specific clinical skills to facilitate developmental goals in collaboration with multi-disciplinary teams.
- Engage and support the family unit in all developmental care as the primary caregiver in order to promote healthy and positive long term developmental outcomes.
- Promote Rainbow as experts in neonatal developmental care through communication of successful unit programs and outcomes through local/ regional/ national presentations and written publications.
Required For All Jobs
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Comply with all policies and standards.
- For specific duties and responsibilities, refer to documentation provided by the department during orientation.
- Must abide by all requirements to safely and securely maintain Protected Health Information (PHI) for our patients.
- Annual training, the UH Code of Conduct and UH policies and procedures are in place to address appropriate use of PHI in the workplace.