Occupational Therapist - Samaritan Outpatient (36 hrs/wk) # 23000B35)
Organize and conduct Occupational Therapy program to facilitate the rehabilitation of people with physical and or psychosocial disabilities.
The Occupational Therapist directs the patient's participation in selected activities, treatments to restore, reinforce and correct pathology to promote and/or maintain good health.
Essential duties include:
- Perform evaluations and develop an effective treatment plan appropriate to a patients rehabilitation needs within the care continuum.
- Conduct effective treatment techniques in a competent manner.
- Educate patient, family, caregiver in applicable health information, treatment and prevention. Initiate and participate in the discharge planning process.
- Perform other department activities such as, but not limited to: documentation, billing, support of department operations, etc.
- Require evaluation and treatment skills necessary to provide Occupational Therapy appropriate to the developmental and chronological age of patients on caseload.
- Professional initiative, objectivity, good time management and interpersonal skills.
- Must be physically, cognitively and perceptually able to provide patient treatment and able to assist in physical mobility of patients and equipment.