Occupational Therapist, Samaritan Outpatient PRN
Organizes and conducts Occupational Therapy program to facilitate the rehabilitation of people with physical and or psycho-social disabilities.
The Occupational Therapist directs the patient's participation in activities, as well as treatments to restore, reinforce and correct pathology to promote/maintain good health.
Essential duties include:
- Perform evaluations and develop an effective treatment plan appropriate to a patient's rehabilitation needs within the care continuum.
- Perform effective treatment techniques in a competent manner.
- Educate patient, family, caregiver in applicable health information, treatment and prevention.
- Initiate and participate in the discharge planning process.
- Perform other department activities such as documentation, billing, support of department operations, etc.
- Requires evaluation and treatment skills necessary to provide Occupational Therapy appropriate to the developmental and chronological age of patients on caseload.
- Professional initiative, objectivity, good time management and interpersonal skills.
- Must be physically, cognitively and perceptually able to provide patient treatment and able to assist in physical mobility of patients and equipment.