IT Intern - Multiple Positions Available
Employee Status: Intern
Location: Hybrid - defined as three days in office if residence is within 50 miles of Westfield Center, OH. Complimentary Corporate Housing Available.
You’re ready to make your mark where people care about each other. Where your work is meaningful. And where your unique perspectives are welcome. Think about joining Westfield, a company focused on what’s most important – the people behind our policies.
Westfield was founded in 1848 by a small group of hard-working farmers who believed in the promise of the future and the power of the individual. Today, as one of the nation’s leading property and casualty (P&C) companies, we remain true to their vision and are dedicated to making a positive difference in our customers’ lives.
- Identify and Access Management Intern - Working with IAM Analysts, Engineers, and Access Management Engineers to understand what and how Security is implemented, concepts of provisioning an identity, access controls, single sign-on, multi-factor authentication, and many more. Working with multiple IT teams to secure new & existing application access through a role-based access model and Westfield information security policies.
- Client Services Intern - Technical resource responsible for assisting in day-to-day customer technical support in the end-user computing environment. This intern will have direct influence/input with our IT Employee Help Desk including customer support for a wide range of technical requests, and technical assets/tools. Support Employee Help Desk windows/infrastructure background is preferred.
- DevSecOps Intern - Working to drive the DevSecOps mindset of creating an increasingly automated Continuous Delivery Pipeline to improve the end-to-end flow of new features to meet business demand. Some key concepts will be in:
- MuleSoft Azure: Develop a generic UCD deploy process that can be used in templates.
- Develop a UCD deploy process to be used in templates.
- Define Pipeline API services in Morpheus.
- Develop best practices for managing security within Azure DevOps.
- Jenkins to Azure pipeline migration.
- DevLakes for Dora 4 metrics.
- Integrate automated testing into IDP.
- Upgrade pipelines in IDP.
- Integrate MuleSoft with SonarCube.
- Automate testing for UCD MuleSoft deploys.
- User Experience Intern - Pursuing a degree or certification in User Experience with a shareable portfolio illustrating experience with user research, wireframing and prototyping, and/or usability testing would be preferred. This intern will be working on large projects such as the customer- and agent-facing portions of MyWestfield and the Unified Workspace.
- Desktop Services Intern -
- VDI Migrations
- Westfield is changing the way we deliver virtual client machines to end users. This will require building new virtual machines for the user and assisting with the migration from their old machines to their new. A general knowledge of Windows, PowerShell, and Software Installations is beneficial.
- OneDrive Migration
- We are changing how we backup user files and folders that are located on their Desktop and in My Documents. We will be switching from a network drive with folder redirection to OneDrive with folder redirection. A general knowledge of Windows, PowerShell, and OneDrive is beneficial.
- Vulnerability Management
- Our strong security stance requires us to review current vulnerabilities in our environment and identify how to remediate them. Once a remediation is identified we then work to deploy the required remediation steps. A general knowledge of Windows, IT Security, 3rd party applications, and PowerShell is beneficial.
- General Ticket Work
- Westfield has a central ticketing system that is used to track user issued and report them to the correct teams for support. The Desktop ticket queue has a wide variety of tickets that come in and will provide exposure to different technologies. A general knowledge of Windows, Software Installations, PowerShell, and Troubleshooting are beneficial.
- VDI Migrations
- Mainframe Engineer Intern - Working to create and enhance automation capabilities on the Infrastructure Mainframe Engineering Team and work on the DevOPs backlog. The ideal candidate will have strong communication skills, a drive to learn, and experience working with API’s and CI/CD technologies. Proficiency in scripting languages such as Python, Groovy or Power Shell are desired.
- Actively pursuing or within 1 year of receiving a secondary education degree with a related field of study.
- Previous work experience.
- Proven ability to collaborate and work with a team.
- Demonstrated solid oral, written and interpersonal skills resulting in the ability to interact with all levels within the organization.
- Demonstrated organization skills.
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to work independently.
- Valid driver’s license and a driving record that conforms to company standards.
- Physical essential functions: ability to work 40 hours in an office environment (sitting, standing, on a computer, etc.), operate office related technology (computer, phone, etc.), travel as required.
Enjoy a casual-dress atmosphere while taking advantage of a challenging and rewarding work environment. Our internship program starts your career and encourages you to set meaningful goals and objectives while you are with us. You will meet with key leaders, job shadow, make presentations and have fun along the way!
Learn more about current opportunities at www.westfieldinsurance.com/careers.
We are an equal opportunity employer/minority/female/disability/protected veteran.