Information Security Intern
Information Security Intern
Employee Status: Intern
Location: Hybrid - defined as three days in office if residence is within 50 miles of Westfield Center, OH. Complimentary Corporate Housing Available.
You’re ready to make your mark where people care about each other. Where your work is meaningful. And where your unique perspectives are welcome. Think about joining Westfield, a company focused on what’s most important – the people behind our policies.
Westfield was founded in 1848 by a small group of hard-working farmers who believed in the promise of the future and the power of the individual. Today, as one of the nation’s leading property and casualty (P&C) companies, we remain true to their vision and are dedicated to making a positive difference in our customers’ lives.
- The Information Security internship is designed to enable learning and personal development for those that have a passion to pursue a career in Information Security. In addition, this opportunity will provide exposure to a variety of security disciplines and technologies.
- Security Operations Intern: Assist the Security Operations Center (SOC) by learning and leveraging various security technologies (e.g., SIEM, IPS) for the purpose of detecting and responding to potential cyber-attacks and/or other anomalous network activity. Perform security incident triage, to include determining scope, urgency, and potential impact. Assist with optimizing the SOC using security orchestration automation and response (SOAR) methods and technology. Work on various information security projects and initiatives.
- Threat & Vulnerability Management Intern: Assist the Threat and Vulnerability Management (TVM) team by driving security vulnerability identification, assessment/rating, and remediation using vulnerability scanning and management technologies/procedures. Actively research & report against emerging indicators of compromise, cyber-attacks, exploits, and vulnerabilities through threat modeling methods and cyber intelligence sources. Work on various information security projects and initiatives.
- Governance Risk & Compliance (GRC) Intern: Work within the corporate-wide Information Security GRC program, assessing IT and cybersecurity risks and identifying emerging cybersecurity threats. Partner with Information Technology, Enterprise Risk Management (ERM), Legal, Human Resources and Procurement to ensure appropriate controls are in place to minimize risk and ensure compliance with Information Security Policy, Standards and Controls, NIST CSF, CIS, and data privacy regulations. Support the vendor security risk management program by performing third-party security assessments. Performs risk assessments and gap analysis, to assist with development of a Risk Register. Work on various information security projects and initiatives.
- Actively pursuing an associate or bachelor’s degree with a related field of study (e.g., Computer Science, IT, Cyber-Security).
- Fundamental understanding of cybersecurity concepts.
- Basic level Python programming skills.
- Excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills, with a proven ability to think outside the box.
- Customer service-oriented with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must thrive within a team environment as well as on an individual basis.
- Passion for all things related to information technology and cybersecurity.
- Natural curiosity and ability to learn new skills quickly.
- Innovative mindset and driven to contribute to a team providing a best-in-class cybersecurity service.
- Proven ability to collaborate and work with a team.
- Demonstrated solid oral, written and interpersonal skills resulting in the ability to interact with all levels within the organization.
- Demonstrated organization skills.
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to work independently.
- Valid driver’s license and a driving record that conforms to company standards.
Enjoy a casual-dress atmosphere while taking advantage of a challenging and rewarding work environment. Our internship program starts your career and encourages you to set meaningful goals and objectives while you are with us. You will meet with key leaders, job shadow, make presentations and have fun along the way!
Learn more about current opportunities at www.westfieldinsurance.com/careers.
We are an equal opportunity employer/minority/female/disability/protected veteran.