Employee Status: Regular
Location: Westfield Center, OH - Hybrid - defined as three days in office
You’re ready to make your mark where people care about each other. Where your work is meaningful. And where your unique perspectives are welcome. Think about joining Westfield, a company focused on what’s most important – the people behind our policies.
Westfield was founded in 1848 by a small group of hard-working farmers who believed in the promise of the future and the power of the individual. Today, as one of the nation’s leading property and casualty (P&C) companies, we remain true to their vision and are dedicated to making a positive difference in our customers’ lives.
- Demonstrates basic surety underwriting competencies for contract and commercial surety business. Completes field travel and service office rotations and engage in continued on-the-job learning experiences.
- Demonstrates business acumen. Capability will be measured by key performance indicators such as the ability to assess risk, determine underwriting risk and exposure, and perform financial analysis. These key performance indicators will be measured by mentors, trainers, coordinators, peer assessments and performance reviews.
- Reviews and underwrites contract surety and commercial surety accounts and individual risk files for new submissions, line renewals, over lines and others. Makes timely and qualified recommendations on acceptance or declination of accounts and individual risks.
- Reviews account files and risk files for accuracy, completeness and procedural consistency.
- Communicates with service office and home office personnel, agents and agency clients as requested.
- Participates in research-based project work, lesson definitions, reviews and exams.
- Prepares and delivers a variety of project presentations, business case analyses and assessments after research and evaluation. Presentations will be given to trainers, peers and various levels of leadership within the surety department.
- Networks with all levels of the organization and participates in team-building activities with peers.
- Attends industry functions to develop business network and market awareness.
- Travels occasionally in order to participate in special assignments, training, and/or travel between office locations.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university or commensurate work experience.
- Ability to perform financial analyses and conduct risk assessments.
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, economics and/or marketing obtained through college coursework or work experience.
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organization and time-management skills.
- Experience using software packages (including, but not limited to, MS Word and MS Excel).
- Valid driver’s license and a driving record that conforms to company standards.
- Physical essential functions: ability to work 40 hours in an office environment (sitting, standing, on a computer, etc.), operate office related technology (computer, phone, etc.), travel as required.
Westfield offers a Total Rewards program that focuses on compensation, benefits and wellness, and includes perks like 401(k), pension plan, annual incentive, education reimbursement, onsite fitness center or gym reimbursement and casual dress. Work/life balance, recognition, and learning and career development are all part of a rewarding career with Westfield.
Learn more about current opportunities at www.westfieldinsurance.com/careers.
We are an equal opportunity employer/minority/female/disability/protected veteran.