The Die Designer will be working with custom steel forging applications to create highly engineered solutions in the transportation and capital equipment industry. A successful Die Designer at Canton Drop Forge must be comfortable working in a heavy manufacturing environment, and speaking to/sharing designs with engineers, salespeople, managers, and shop floor personnel.
Reports to the Lead Die Designer, and will solicit technical consultation from members of technical groups; interacts directly with management and employees to develop and implement products, initiatives, and solutions to meet customer demands; and works together with other members of the organization to collaborate on various projects and initiatives.
· Generate models & drawings on CAD system as required.
· Interact with Production for tryouts, and job and product reviews.
· Interact with customers and vendors to resolve problems as they may arise.
· Maintain accurate customer and data files.
· Assist with product reviews and investigations.
· Work closely with other Die Designers and departments, as necessary.
· Design processes and tools required to produce products for customer use.
· Ensure personal compliance with safety policies and rules while promoting a culture of safety.
· Comply with applicable regulatory standards and report any issues to the appropriate manager.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Familiarity with AS, ISO, National Standards, and Industry Specifications.
· Demonstrated strong organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize their importance.
· Knowledge/understanding and experience using problem-solving tools.
· Self-starter who can work independently and lead others when needed.
· Attention-to-detail inclination and mindset.
· Professional attitude.
· Complete multiple prioritized tasks with minimal direct supervision.
· Effective written and verbal communication skills.
· Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Computer skills including MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook).
· Ability to interact with associates on the floor and work with diverse work groups.
· Occasional flexibility in work hours may be required.
· Ability to travel domestically and internationally infrequently to customers, vendors, or other locations as required.
Education & Experience:
· 1-2 years of experience in CAD Work
· Pro E CAD, or other solid 3D modeling software experience
· Simulation Software Experience, e.g. forging or stamping
· Minimum of Technical Training in CAD Design or Manufacturing Discipline Preferred.
Canton Drop Forge is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
Canton Drop Forge offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package including medical, dental, life disability, 401k matching, vacation, and sick time.
Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and a thorough drug screen.