Engineering Intern-Summer 2024
Fives Group is an international engineering group that designs process equipment and production lines for the world’s largest industrial groups. With offices in over 25 countries worldwide, Fives has expertise in various sectors including Process Technologies, High Precision Machines, and Smart Automation Solutions. Fives ST Corp., based in Wadsworth, OH, is a member of Fives Group. The company specializes in coil finishing lines that include surface treatment systems, as well as reheating furnaces, cold rolling mills, and digital solutions.
Fives ST has an opening for an Engineering Intern at our offices in Wadsworth, Ohio.
General Requirements: Requires a motivated, decisive individual with the ability to work within schedule constraints with supervision. The ideal candidate can work well in project teams and can communicate technically with other team members. In addition, the following traits are desired:
- Technical knowledge including formal training at an accredited training institute, college or university.
- Ability to take “ownership” of the work assigned and capable of making decisions.
- Must be disciplined and deadline oriented.
- Able to work collaboratively with employees of all levels within the organization.
- It would be beneficial for the candidate to be comfortable with metric and SI dimensions as work is done in both domestic and international markets.
- The ability to work effectively in a team-based environment is a necessity.
- Experience and rudimentary proficiency in Autodesk AutoCAD and Inventor desired.
- Moderate to Extensive PC skills utilizing MS Office and MS Project.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Perform support tasks assigned by the Engineering Manager.
- Performing engineering calculations to size process equipment such as pumps and heat exchangers.
- Assisting the Purchasing department in the selection and qualification of sub suppliers.
- Light Design consisting of altering current models.
- Use Microsoft Excel to perform process and mechanical system design calculations.
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor of Science Degree program for Mechanical, Chemical or Electrical Engineering.
- Minimum GPA of 2.5 based on a 4.0 scale.
- Working Knowledge of Machining and Welding practices are a plus.
- Professional attitude and strong communication skills
Weekly Internship Hours
- All work must be completed within our Wadsworth office. This internship requires 20 hours per week, with a maximum of 30 hours per week.