RN - Orrville ER
STAFF NURSE - AOH EMERGENCY
Aultman Health Foundation, ORRVILLE, OH
AULTMAN ORRVILLE HOSPITAL
Aultman Health Foundation
Casual - As Needed - No Benefits, Varied Shifts, Varies
BRIEF SUMMARY OF THE POSITION
The primary purpose of this position is to provide direct patient care and work cooperatively within the interdisciplinary health care team in maintaining standards of nursing care within the framework of the Ohio Nurse Practice Act for RN’s.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE JOB FUNCTIONS
- Performs and documents patient assessments, planning, interventions and evaluations of outcomes in a timely manner while maintaining a confidential patient record.
- Administers medications safely according to the five rights of medication administration and assesses patient response to treatments.
- Determines a plan of care according to each patient’s individual need and incorporates family members into the plan of care. Revises the plan of care according to the patient’s response.
- Formulates an education plan based on identified learning needs of the patient/family and evaluates the effectiveness of learning.
- Supervision of nursing care delivered by LPN’s and Patient Care Technicians.
- Utilizes electronic medical record and other computerized programs for documentation of care and completion of daily tasks.
- Treats patient/family with respect and dignity. Identifies and addresses psychological, social, cultural, ethnic, and religious/spiritual needs of the patient/family.
- Complies with organizational policies, procedures, and code of conduct.
- Demonstrates, creates, and fosters a work environment that is consistent with the Mission, Vision, and Values of the Aultman Health Foundation and provides care that consistently complies with the Aultman Corporate Service Standards and high reliability culture.
- Manages time wisely and seeks assignments when duties are completed.
- Attains knowledge and competency that reflects current nursing practice and evaluates one’s own nursing practice in relation to professional standards and guidelines, relevant statutes, rules and regulations.
- Represents the hospital by volunteering for community activities which may include participation at community events, activities or on local boards.
- Seeks opportunities for involvement and participates in hospital-based committees.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Registered Nurse license in the State of Ohio
- BSN preferred (agrees to receive BSN within 5 years of hire)
- BLS; ACLS; PALS, NRP, and/or TNCC (in some clinical areas)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
JOB LOCATION AND SCHEDULING
- 8- or 12-hour shifts; days, afternoons, nights; weekends and holidays; overtime based on a 40-hour work week
- On-call based on unit specific need
- Subject to frequent interruptions and changes in priority of duties throughout the day
- Sitting/standing/moving about during working hours
- Hazardous Exposure Category – I – tasks that involve exposure to blood, bodily fluids or tissues
This job description is intended to describe the general nature of the work performed. It does not contain a comprehensive inventory of all job duties, responsibilities, and qualifications. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties as requested by management. Aultman reserves the right to revise this job description. Employment with Aultman is at-will, meaning both Aultman and employees have the right to end the employment relationship at any time and for any reason. The at-will nature of this employment cannot be altered by and verbal statement or alleged verbal agreement. It may only be changed by a legally-binding written contract covering employment status. Aultman will reasonable accommodate employees or applicants with disabilities, as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act, who are otherwise qualified to safely perform the essential functions of the job, with or without accommodation, unless such accommodation would constitute an undue hardship on Aultman or poses a direct threat to the health and safety of the individual or others that cannot be sufficiently mitigated by reasonable accommodation. Any applicant or employee who requires an accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job or to enjoy equal benefits and privileges of employment should notify the Human Resource Department and request such an accommodation.