Financial Accounting & Operations Intern
Who Are We?
The Toro Company (TTC) has delivered market-leading, innovative products and outstanding customer care for more than 100 years. With over 11,000 employees worldwide, TTC is headquartered in Bloomington, Minnesota, USA.
Ventrac, a division of the Toro Company, is a growth-oriented company located in Orrville, Ohio. Our team is dedicated to excellence through innovation, a strong work ethic and quality workmanship. Join the Ventrac team who feels passionate about the products we build for commercial lawn care use. We are known for our culture of respect and collaboration, which can be measured by our low turnover, open communication, and the excitement in the air. We believe our employees are truly the most valuable asset. We not only believe that, but we also make decisions that align with that concept. We are dedicated to attracting and developing a diverse team of individuals who are committed to the success of our team at Ventrac.
What Will You Do?
In order to grow and build a successful career with The Toro Company, you will be responsible for:
· General Accounting practices as well as Financial Planning and Analysis. Prepare, examine, or analyze accounting records, financial statements, or other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
· Provide general accounting support, including month end close, account reconciliations and analysis. Provide A/P and A/R accounting support. Provide ad hoc business financial analysis support for Finance projects.
· Work with buyers in establishing new vendor accounts and maintenance. Deliver excellent customer service to both internal and external customers.
· Comply with federal, state, and company policies, procedures, and regulations. Product cost, pricing, and profitability analysis for new and existing product lines: Exposure to costing, overhead and capacity planning models including Standard Cost, Gross Margin, as well as alternative models of Contribution Margin, etc. as well as cost analysis. Perform other related duties and special projects as assigned.
What Do You Need?
To be considered for this role, an individual should meet the following minimal requirements:
· Pursuing a Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance, Marketing and/or Management
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal)
· Strong analytical skills
· Microsoft Office Basic and/or Advanced Skills (Word, Powerpoint & Excel)
What Can We Give You?
At The Toro Company, we are always working to make sure our interns know just how valued they are. In addition to a competitive pay- The Toro Company offers interns a variety of perks, including:
· Dress for your day – We know you're more productive when you're comfortable, which is why TTC employees are encouraged to take advantage of our casual, corporate environment.
· Volunteerism – The Toro Company is proud to provide interns 8 hours of paid time to volunteer in the community.
· Summer Hours *Based on Location* – Enjoy a flexible schedule during the summer! By working a little more during the first few days of the week, TTC employees at certain locations are able to start their weekends early and leave by noon on Friday.
· Competitive Pay – anticipated pay$18.00-$21.00 per hour.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees