SUMMARY: Architectural detailer performs detailed drawings of parts of structures from contract drawings and general design drawings as well as making revision and creating bills of material. Provide technical support to sales and operations personnel in a timely fashion.
This job description does not describe all activities, duties, responsibilities or physical demands that are required of the employee for this job. Likewise, the work environment described is merely representative. Duties, responsibilities, activities, physical demands and work environment may change at any time, with or without notice.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Utilize knowledge of various manufacturing machinery and processes, engineering practices, mathematics, building materials, and other physical sciences to complete drawings.
- Show dimensions, material to be used, and other information necessary to make detailed drawing clear and complete.
- Develop bills of material, material take-offs, tolerance and dimensioning of products, welding and manufacturing symbols, and other requirements to produce product.
- Accurately document adjustments or engineering drawing changes necessary or desired drawings, bill of materials and related documents.
- Adhere to department policies and procedures for detailing, estimating and engineering drawings.
- Recommend changes to product which would improve cost, delivery, and quality for the customer.
- Participates in overall product strategy, development, and manufacturing coordination for new, existing, and emerging products.
- Communicate and coordinate with account and project managers any project-specific information.
- Collaborate with cross-functional groups (Manufacturing, Logistics, Accounting, and suppliers) to resolve product-related customer and production issues. Interface with teams that address quality, new product introduction, capacity issues, purchasing, and planning.
- Keep personal and common work areas clean, neat and organized.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervision
EDUCATION, WORK EXPERIENCE, AND PROFICIENCIES: 2 or 4-year degree in engineering, drafting/design, or technical studies required. Experience with metals, welding symbols and manufacturing processes a plus. Must have strong computer skills including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) suite of applications, AutoCAD 2007, and MRP/ERP system experience. Must have a high level of energy; be results-oriented, and confident. Must be able to establish and maintain a strong rapport and positive relationships with all levels. Must be strategic in orientation, proactive, persistent, and able to handle multiple projects and/or customers simultaneously, as well as work within a very fast-paced environment.
EEO STATEMENT: Ohio Gratings, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic or status protected under local, state, or federal laws.