Order Fulfillment Planning Assistant
Perfect for a new graduate!
The Order Fulfillment Planner’s primary responsibility is to process detailed information into a job order for the downstream operations.
SUMMARY: The Order Fulfillment Planner’s primary responsibility is to process detailed information into a job order for the downstream operations. Material utilization, routing, and entry processing are key elements to the success of the company and associated sites. The ability to interpret drawings and analyze Bills of Material are critical to the success of this role.
This job description does not describe all activities, duties, responsibilities, or physical demands that are required of the employee for this job. Likewise, the work environment described is merely representative. Duties, responsibilities, activities, physical demands, and work environment may change at any time with or without notice.
- Utilize Order Job Wizard, Bills of Material, Saw Sheets, and Detailing paperwork for job creation.
- Look up preexisting inventory parts in OGI Part Inventory Tracker and Drop Tracker to use up existing inventory.
- Yield piece sizes and material lengths to reduce scrap and drop costs.
- Data entry including, but not limited to, PEQ buckets and reports tracking.
- All aspects of Order Entry including, but not limited to, Heavy Duty; Hand Welded Grating; Light Duty Press Welded, Swaged, Dovetail; Plank, Panel Orders; Architectural Applications; Specialty Products; Presslock; and Riveted.
- Ensure accuracy of order entry by participating in Personal Checks and Peer Check processes
- Create inventory parts as needed.
- Actively participate in continuous improvement activities relative to improving key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Shares in idea generation to improve output or efficiency to meet or exceed standards.
- Embrace the 5S methodology and utilize it to build and maintain a quality work environment.
- Drive a culture of safety, quality, ERP, and productivity through area and business efforts.
- Effectively manage the transfer truck process.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, WORK EXPERIENCE, AND PROFICIENCIES: This position requires a manufacturing background and an understanding of day-to-day operations. Experience with Epicor or ERP systems is preferred. The candidate must have strong computer skills in Microsoft Office applications, specifically Excel. The candidate should be highly motivated, customer-oriented, with a solid understanding of our products and capabilities. The candidate must have excellent multitasking, critical thinking, and organizational skills.
EEO STATEMENT: Ohio Gratings, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected under local, state, or federal laws.