Social Work/Counseling Intern
Are you a student interested in Social Work, Counseling, Psychology, or Human Services field looking for an internship? Apply today!
Who We Are:
Since 1946, we’ve been providing compassionate treatment to support the behavioral, physical and emotional health of children and families, where the needs of each child are individually assessed and dynamic treatment plans are specifically designed to properly transition them from disruptive to permanent, stable environments. Our services include community-based services, residential treatment, and treatment foster care programs throughout our locations in central and northeast Ohio and West Virginia.
Interning at The Village Network:
- The Village Network prides itself on a Culture of Care: Come be a part of the mission and a member of a team that has a passion for what they do and the people they serve.
- Excellent safety record and training program. The Village Network utilizes Collaborative Problem Solving along with The Neurosequential Model of Therapeutics to addresses the individual needs of youth and their families.
- Chance to earn a paid internship with CT or SW-T licensure!
Essential Tasks, Duties, and Responsibilities:
- Meets with supervisor on a regular basis for supervision and work assignments. (30% Importance Rating/15% Time Spent)
- Completes assigned duties in a timely manner, and keeps supervisor informed of any problems or questions in performing duties. (20% Importance Rating/39% Time Spent)
- Follows guidelines and procedures of the agency as well as of their school. (20% Importance Rating/20% Time Spent)
- Attends required training. (10% Importance Rating/5% Time Spent)
- Performs duties in a professional and ethical manner. (10% Importance Rating/20% Time Spent)
- Attends Exit Interview before completing internship. (10% Importance Rating/1% Time Spent)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Working towards an Associates, Bachelors, or Masters Degree in Counseling, Social Work or related field, from an accredited school.
- Currently in the “Internship” portion of one of those programs mentioned above.
- Ability to take direction and a willingness to learn.
- Ability to learn and apply proper boundaries in interactions with clients.
- Willingness to take on increasing responsibility as given by supervisor.