Do you like flexibility in your schedule and cash in your pocket? Would you say that you’re passionate, competitive, and energetic? “Pop” Swen started selling the best burgers possible over 85 years ago in Akron, OH and now we are growing throughout the Midwest and beyond. Our business is growing rapidly, and as a result, we need fun and energetic Curb Servers that share our dedication to perfection to join our growing team. Curb Servers at Swensons are considered an elite group of hard-working students seeking a challenging and rewarding atmosphere. Successful candidates include students that enjoy being part of a team striving for the best performance out of both themselves and their coworkers. All in all, being a Curb Server at Swensons can mostly be summarized in one short phrase - “Sprint and Smile!”
• Swensons schedules around your school schedule.
• Daily tips.
• The ability to travel to multiple locations to increase your daily and weekly earnings.
• Career Advancement opportunities.
• Network with peers attending other local and state universities along with working with your friends.
• Competitive referral program where you get paid to recruit your friends.
• Fun working environment.
• Closed major holidays (Easter, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving and Christmas with adjusted hours Christmas Eve, New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day).
Essential Job Duties:
• Curb servers are responsible for car-side order taking and delivery of order within predetermined timeframe.
• Responsible to learn Swensons short-hand code for taking and calling out orders.
• Ensures that temperature, packaging, appearance, presentation, and service of all menu items meet operational standards.
• “Sprint and Smile” – Responsible for quick service and friendly service to customers and internal team members at all times.
• Recognizing and teaching new customers the Swensons way.
• Promote and adhere to the Swensons core values and mission statement at all times.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned or required including, but not limited to, preparing drinks, cleaning tasks, refilling low inventory or taking phone orders when necessary.
ADA Requirements/Physical Standards:
• Exposure to extreme temperatures based upon variable weather conditions. This is a primarily an outside position and we are open all year round.
• Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to ten (10) hours in length and sprint for up to eight (8) hours. Stands and Sprints entire shift.
• Reading, writing and verbal communication skills is required.
• Safely transport up to 30 pounds repetitively throughout a shift.
• Ability to safely operate blenders, frozen drink machines, grills, fryers and other kitchen equipment as needed. Ability to safely place plates, utensils, pans and cases on both high and low shelves.
• Safely work frequently in and prolonged exposure to a hot and damp environment. Safely work frequently in and prolonged exposure to a sub-40 degree (F) environment.
• Able to safely respond in emergency situations to avoid imminent dangers to self and others.
• Must possess finger and hand dexterity for using small tools and equipment.
• Ability to safely work in environment that includes wet floors, temperature extremes, and loud noise.
• Ability to read, write, and communicate verbally and listen attentively to employees, guests, vendors, and visitors.
• Ability to arrive on time for each scheduled shift and work throughout the shift (aside from legally-required breaks) per the schedule and restaurant demands.
• Ability to give appropriate notice for any need to deviate - in any way - from one's scheduled shift to the District Manager or Curb Manager for permanent changes.
• Ability to find coverage for any scheduled shifts that you are unable to work excluding emergency situations in which this should be communicated as soon as possible to the District Manager or Curb Manager.
• Enrollment at an accredited post-secondary program and maintain a minimum GPA.
• Basic math and basic reading skills.
• Positive, energetic, “can do” attitude with the ability to work on your feet, sprinting for up to 8 hours a shift.
• Available to work on a rotational basis at multiple locations.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and keep smiling no matter what comes your way.
• Must be available on the weekends.
• Must have availability for at least two weekday day shifts (at minimum 11:00 a.m – 3:00 p.m.).