Environmental Health & Safety Intern
The Howmet Aerospace Summer Internship Program, in our Howmet Wheel Systems (HWS) business unit, will include engaging and impactful project or projects, lunch & learns presented by organizational leaders, tours of our manufacturing plants & processes, networking opportunities, volunteering in the local community, and fun social activities to connect with fellow interns. Interns will work 40 hours a week and are paid. The internship is approximately 12 weeks.
Assigned projects will focus on EHS engineering within a heavy manufacturing environment. Projects are selected that not only help the student, but help the EHS / site team with audit preparation and executing strategic projects. Students will participate in:
- Critical safety risk reviews via audits
- EHS Observations
- Incident investigations
- Industrial hygiene projects (air/noise sampling)
- EHS Training
- Emergency response dills and reviews
- Ergonomic assessments
- Other projects to support 2024 goals
- 3.0 GPA and above.
- Must be involved in at least 1 extracurricular activity or prior work experience.
- Must be currently enrolled in a bachelor's degree program in EHS, Environmental Science, or similar, with an expected graduation date of December 2024, or later.
- Interns must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.