Hospitality Management Intern
Hospitality Management Intern - Summer 2024
Employee Status: Intern
Location: Westfield Center, OH. Complimentary Corporate Housing Available
Pay, Work Schedule, and Other Benefits:
- $15.00 an hour
- Campus housing available.
- Complimentary meal during shift.
- 50% off green fees and cart fees for employees and accompanied guests
- 50% all apparel and 20% equipment and accessories at the Golf Shop
- 40% off a la carte, on course and pool concession F&B
- 20% off lodging at the Westfield Inn
- Onsite wellness center
- Location: Westfield Center, Ohio
About The Job:
In this highly customer-facing program, you will work hands-on in various areas within Hospitality and have the opportunity to learn and grow with our talented industry professionals. Additionally, the collaborative environment of Hospitality ensures exposure to several other hospitality functions including Event Planning and Operations, Restaurant Management, Culinary Operations, Club Management, and more.
Essential Functions (primary functions and/or reasons the job exists in order of importance)
- Assists business unit with work assigned to them. This often includes, but is not limited to, project work and coverage of day-to-day activities within the business unit.
- Actively participates in summer internship program events including Lunch & Learns.
- Conducts research and/or other work for projects assigned.
- May be responsible for department administrative and support duties.
- Develops business acumen through interactions and shadowing with other professionals.
- Attends business unit meetings as assigned.
- Creates and delivers presentations.
- Travels occasionally in order to participate in special assignments, training, and/or travel between office locations.
Desired Qualifications/Experience/Certification/Education (in order of importance)
- Actively pursuing or within 1 year of receiving a secondary education degree with a related field of study.
- Previous work experience.
- Proven ability to collaborate and work with a team.
- Demonstrated solid oral, written and interpersonal skills resulting in the ability to interact with all levels within the organization.
- Demonstrated organization skills.
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to work independently.
- Valid driver’s license and a driving record that conforms to company standards.
- Physical essential functions: ability to work 40 hours in an office environment (sitting, standing, on a computer, etc.), operate office related technology (computer, phone, etc.), travel as required.
Enjoy a casual-dress atmosphere while taking advantage of a challenging and rewarding work environment. Our internship program starts your career and encourages you to set meaningful goals and objectives while you are with us. You will meet with key leaders, job shadow, make presentations and have fun along the way!
Learn more about current opportunities at www.westfieldinsurance.com/careers.
We are an equal opportunity employer/minority/female/disability/protected veteran.