Maintenance Engineering/Reliability Intern
How do you manufacture the world’s cleanest alloy steel? How do you help your customers push the bounds of what’s possible? With a smart and passionate team of people who are focused on a strong set of core values, on giving their best every day, and who are proud of the contributions they’re making to our company and community. People who want to make a difference.
TimkenSteel Internship Program
At TimkenSteel, our internship program is designed to make you part of our team. You will have opportunities to grow your skills, develop as a leader, and network with our managers and leaders. Our program allows you to gain real work experience in a team environment. TimkenSteel also supports your career readiness development through workshops with topics like resume building and interview prep.
TimkenSteel Internship Includes:
- Competitive salary
- Real-world experience that provides a competitive edge upon graduation
- Casual work environment
- Career planning and development workshops
- Organized social activities and community service events
- Networking with leadership, hiring managers, and early career colleagues
Internship Assignment: Full Time – Summer 2024
- Gain a basic understanding of the steel manufacturing process
- Execute small maintenance and reliability design projects
- Project management of repair work with outside contractors
- Creating scopes of work and reviewing budgetary bid packages
- Drawing creation and drawing revision
- Work with operations teams to identify cost and throughput improvement opportunities
- Root cause failure analysis
- Manufacturing delay review and analysis
- Asset management including review of preventative maintenance, predictive maintenance, corrective maintenance, and spare parts
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Must have completed 30 or more credit hours by the end of the spring 2024 semester
- Must be a full-time student attending an accredited two-year or four-year college/university
- Preferred majors: Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or related
- Engineering skills or engineering appropriate classes
- Time management and organizational skills
- Good interpersonal skills: enthusiastic, willing to work with others, etc.
- 2D and 3D Drawing - AutoCAD/Inventor or similar Microsoft Office products
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.