Financial Representative Internship Program
Northwestern Mutual has been helping clients achieve financial security for nearly 160 years. Join our team in carrying on that tradition. As a financial representative intern, you’ll get real-world job experience as you discover a career with flexibility and rewards.
Teamwork. Training. Hard work. Fun. It’s part of what has made the Northwestern Mutual internship program a Top Ten Internship for the past 20 years in a row.
When you join our financial representative internship program, you'll be supported by a team of people in one of our local network offices who will:
- Help you master our personalized planning process to provide financial solutions tailored to each client’s needs over his or her lifetime.
- Help you build on your classroom learning and develop lifelong skills.
- Work with your school schedule, with internships that are available to full-time students either full-time during the summer or part-time during the school year.
Our ideal internship candidate:
- Junior or senior at a local university
- Has the ability to work 15-20 hours/week during the semester, and/or up to 40 in the summer
- Involved in multiple organizations on campus – holding leadership or management position is preferred
- Great communication skills - shows the ability to form lasting relationships through networking
- Background of high expectations/strong work ethic
- A desire to explore financial planning
- Show the capacity to learn quickly
- Is coachable
- Arrive early in the morning for daily coaching and development to ensure continuous learning
What you'll do:
- Pass the Ohio life/accident and health insurance exam
- Schedule, meet with, and discuss possible financial needs with prospective clients (depending on skill set, this may be done independently or alongside a veteran advisor)
- Construct recommendations to meet client's financial needs
- Consistently review needs with existing client base when established
- Attend various office events
Feel free to reach out to me directly at: