Maintenance- Pipefitter, Barberton- Norton, OH
$1000 Sign on Bonus, $1000 Training Bonus, $1000 Retention Bonus
Starting Pay: $32.00/hour.
Monday- Friday, 1st Shift! 7am - 3pm
As a Pipefitter with PPG Barberton- Norton plant, you will be responsible for supporting the manufacturing process by trouble shooting, preventative maintenance and repair of related manufacturing, processing machinery and equipment. You will also be responsible for related safety and housekeeping obligations throughout the facility.
Text “PPG” to +1 412 744-8360 to quickly apply to this position and schedule an interview.
- Layout, assemble, install, maintain, and troubleshoot pipe systems, process equipment, pipe supports, and related hydraulic and pneumatic equipment for steam, hot water, heating, cooling lubricating, sprinkling and plant productions equipment and systems including water, air, steam, gas and various chemicals.
- Understand and apply knowledge relating to the principles of valves of all types, pneumatic and hydraulic controls for both high and low-pressure systems.
- Repair/replace equipment (e.g., valves, hydraulics, cooling systems)
- Use stock and die or pipe threading machine and necessary craft hand tools in performance of work.
- Interpret blueprints, sketches, layouts, piping diagrams, or specifications.
- Measure and make sketches for parts or piping, lay out center lines, butt, drill, tap and align holes.
- Know the various sizes and uses of the different kinds of pipe and tubing, piped tubing fittings, joints and equipment for channeling services throughout the facility and know how these are fitted and connected.
- Log or use computerized work order system for repair and maintenance activities performed.
- Abide by safe work standards including Lock Out Tag Out (LOTO), Fall Protection, Confined Spaces, and appropriate use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Adhere to PPG's attendance policy.
- Perform a variety of manual tasks in varying temperatures for extended periods of time, which may include lifting light to heavy materials, climbing, standing, squatting, bending, and working at heights when applicable.
- Required to lift heavy materials, climb, stand, squat, bend, and work at heights with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Apprenticeship or five (5) years experience in Pipe Fitting.
- Must be able to successfully complete all post-offer, pre-employment contingencies.
- Ability to work any shifts, weekends, holidays, or overtime if applicable.
- Basic computer skills
- Previous experience as an Industrial Manufacturing Pipefitter with basic knowledge and understanding of machine technology, construction, operation of heavy industrial machinery and power/control devices.
- Industrial Pipefitter Journeyman's card or AAS in Pipefitting
- Desire and willingness to learn and perform across crafts.
- Experience adhering to industry-specific safety standards.
- Self-motivated: demonstrates appropriate initiative with or without direct supervision
- Hard worker: someone who works diligently to get tasks done.
- Adaptability: the ability to make changes, and to be successful in changing environments
- Team player: an associate who can be counted on to assist the company in being successful whether working on a team or individual projects.
- Commitment to working safely.
Here at PPG we make it happen, and we are looking for candidates of the highest integrity who share our values, with the commitment to strive today to do better than yesterday – everyday. To learn more, visit www.ppg.com and follow @ PPG on Twitter.
PPG: WE PROTECT AND BEAUTIFY THE WORLD™
PPG provides equal opportunity to all candidates and employees. We offer an opportunity to develop your career in an environment that provides a fulfilling workplace for employees, creates an environment for learning, and embraces the ideas and diversity of others. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability status, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression. If you need assistance to complete your application due to a disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
PPG values your feedback on our recruiting process. We encourage you to visit Glassdoor.com and provide feedback on the process, so that we can do better today than yesterday.
Benefits will be discussed with you by your recruiter during the hiring process.