Spring 2024 Engineering Co-Op
College Intern/ Engineering Co-op
The Engineering Co-op student will perform duties per rotational departmental assignment. The Co-Op student reports to Continuous Improvement or Manufacturing Engineering Manager(s).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work on assigned projects
- Identify potential projects to save the company time/money
- Improve experience for shop team members
- Support and follow the Company Safety Program
- Other duties as required
- High School Diploma
- Current Junior or Senior in accredited college program
- Introduction to AutoCAD/SolidWorks
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing
- Ability to perform a wide variety of physical tasks
- Proficiency in Microsoft Products
Who you will work with
- All employees, departmental leaders, human resources department, external community contacts.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is provided and required to wear while on the shop floor.
- Shop floor
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; operate standard office equipment (including but not limited to computer, telephone, copier); reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds alone and participate in team lifts for heavier items. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Hours will vary based on student and business needs
Why work for ArtiFlex Manufacturing?
This is a paid student co-op position based in Wooster, OH. We are looking for students who are ready to embark on a variety of real-world work experiences through job assignments. The job assignments will vary based on the assigned department and business needs. As a student in the engineering co-op you will have the opportunity to participate and lead project assignments, collaborate with employees’ company-wide, and take part in professional development opportunities.
Hours are negotiable based on student and business needs. Benefits as a paid student intern co-op:
- Competitive paid co-op experience
- Flexible schedule options
- 3 vacations days per semester
- Free Fitness Zone membership
- Students may qualify for furnished housing assistance
Our paid student intern/co-op positions are considered part-time employees and do not qualify for medical insurance, paid holidays, profit-sharing, or 401K contribution.
Company Description https://www.artiflexmfg.com/careers
Innovation isn’t just what we do. It’s who we are. ArtiFlex Manufacturing designs and builds products and solutions for companies with tough challenges by employing people with a willingness and ability to be “Innovative. Problem Solving. Partners.”
To do this, we support and embody a vision of safely growing our people and unleashing their full potential because we see greatness in everyone we hire. Better products and services for our customers result from the dedicated development of our employees. That’s our culture.
Imagine your possibilities with ArtiFlex and apply to one of our current openings!