Reinsurance and Catastrophe Risk Data Analytics Intern
Reinsurance and Catastrophe Risk Data Analytics Intern - Summer 2024
Employee Status: Intern
Location: Hybrid - defined as three days in office if residence is within 50 miles of Westfield Center, OH. Complimentary housing available.
You’re ready to make your mark where people care about each other. Where your work is meaningful. And where your unique perspectives are welcome. Think about joining Westfield, a company focused on what’s most important – the people behind our policies.
Westfield was founded in 1848 by a small group of hard-working farmers who believed in the promise of the future and the power of the individual. Today, as one of the nation’s leading property and casualty (P&C) companies, we remain true to their vision and are dedicated to making a positive difference in our customers’ lives.
The Reinsurance Data Analytics Intern will assist with extracting, preparing, and analyzing data to support reinsurance and catastrophe risk management operations. They will also provide reporting and analytics on assigned projects of low complexity and identifies and selects data options to meet business requirements. An intern is focused on developing business acumen and gaining leadership experience in their assigned business unit. Typically, an intern is given a project to complete or is assigned day-to-day activities to assist the business unit. An intern actively participates in the summer internship program.
- Actively pursuing or within 1 year of receiving a secondary education degree with a related field of study.
- Previous work experience.
- Proven ability to collaborate and work with a team.
- Demonstrated solid oral, written and interpersonal skills resulting in the ability to interact with all levels within the organization.
- Demonstrated organization skills.
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to work independently.
- Valid driver’s license and a driving record that conforms to company standards.
- Physical essential functions: ability to work 40 hours in an office environment (sitting, standing, on a computer, etc.), operate office related technology (computer, phone, etc.), travel as required.
Enjoy a casual-dress atmosphere while taking advantage of a challenging and rewarding work environment. Our internship program starts your career and encourages you to set meaningful goals and objectives while you are with us. You will meet with key leaders, job shadow, make presentations and have fun along the way!
Learn more about current opportunities at www.westfieldinsurance.com/careers.
We are an equal opportunity employer/minority/female/disability/protected veteran.