Co-op Manufacturing Engineering
This is a multi-rotation co-op opportunity based in Barberton, Ohio. This model allows students to develop cross-functionally across several areas of manufacturing-related engineering while completing their degree without switching employers. Co-op participants complete the 3 rotations over an 18-month period (Spring/Fall duration of 15 weeks, Summer - 11 weeks) We are currently recruiting for the Fall 2023 semester.
Rotation areas per semester and job challenges:
- Develop an understanding of how to design and deploy new processes and process improvements
- Work with cross functional teams to implement new technology from concept to production system
- Gain experience with a molten metal foundry environment with a continuous process driven production model
- Develop an understanding of thermal processes
- Develop an understanding of combustion control systems and automation
Manufacturing Engineering (Machining)
- Become familiar with ISO9001 Quality management systems
- Design tooling and work holding for machining
- Develop CNC programs
- Become familiar with industrial robotics and automation
Environment, Health & Safety Requirements:
- This position involves some degree of exposure to risk of accident and requires following basic safety precautions. Work is normally performed in an interior work environment. While not exposed to hazardous materials, this position requires wearing full Personal Protective Equipment to protect from mobile equipment and hot materials when on the shop floor.
- This position requires physical activity such as walking, sitting and standing for extended periods of time.
- Currently pursuing an Electrical or Mechanical Engineering degree from an accredited institution
- Students must have completed 4 semesters of undergraduate education prior to entering the program
- Must be involved in at least 1 extracurricular activity or prior work experience
- 3.0+ grade point average
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- Prior internship or work experience in manufacturing