Worship Arts Pastor | First Baptist Church of Medina
First Baptist Church of Medina, Ohio, is in search of their next Worship Arts Pastor. This person will serve as part of the pastoral leadership team, providing spiritual leadership for people involved in worship arts and other related ministries. This includes leading worship and investing in the worship arts team in a way that develops the heart and skills of the team - empowering them to call the church to rich, spiritual worship.
What you’ll be doing:
- Leadership – working with the other pastors to preserve sound doctrine, protect the church, and proactively lead the church to experience and share the hope of Jesus.
- Vision - setting vision for the worship and tech team that directly supports the vision and values set by the Lead Pastor and leadership of First Medina.
- Team Building – recruiting, discipling, and equipping people to serve in the worship arts ministries of the church.
- Worship Leading – planning and leading weekly worship that reflects true worship of God through music, scripture, and other creative mediums. (The Worship Arts Pastor will normally be on stage about 3 out of 4 weeks.)
What skills you need to have:
- Ability to teach and read music
- Proficiency on a primary instrument
- A lifestyle of relational evangelism
- Ability to plan ahead
- Ability to disagree agreeably
- Knowledge of and trust in God’s Word
Medina is an upper-middle-class bedroom community for Cleveland and Akron. The town is a traditionally conservative community that is growing and quickly changing. Many people refer to Medina as a “Hallmark” town, with a quaint downtown with an active square and a gazebo. People travel from all around Medina to visit the square and attend events. There are many great parks in the area and also several walking and biking paths. It is normal to see deer, and other wildlife, wandering around people’s yards (and eating their flowers) in the evening.