Health & Wellness Specialist Assistant
$15.58 To 20.11 Hourly
WOOSTER COMMUNITY HOSPITAL
Health and Wellness Specialist Assistant - 1801
Has a general knowledge of health and wellness issues including but not limited to aquatics, cardiovascular, pulmonary, diabetes, women's health, etc., in addition to a general knowledge of exercise and fitness. Able to administer an exercise protocol, with specific attention to educating proper exercise technique, progressing load / volume, displaying competence with equipment usage. In addition, the Specialist Assistant will provide supervision of the pool and pool area, administration of emergency procedure, maintenance and cleaning of pool, assistance with instruction of appropriate classes, personal training, gym supervision, and various front desk responsibilities.
RESPONSIBLE TO: Supervisor, Health and Wellness
MUST HAVE REQUIREMENTS:
Associates degree in a health related field
Group Exercise Certification(s) as assigned at time of hire. Incumbent will have 6 months to obtain appropriate certification
Current BLS/AED Certification through the AHA
Bachelor’s Degree in Exercise Physiology, Sports Medicine, Athletic Training, or Exercise Science
Experience personal training and/or working with specialized populations in an individual or a group setting.
Fitness professional certified by ACSM or comparable organization.
- Displays proficiency in Health and Wellness subject matter.
- Demonstrates the ability to conduct general Health Screenings, Wellness follow-up appointments, Wellness 101’s, and individual training sessions as overseen by the Health and Wellness Specialist, Coordinator, or Supervisor
- Shows the ability to effectively support clients in an appropriate capacity required to promote positive lifestyle change as it relates to Health and Wellness
- Is able to provide effective general and class specific instruction and direction for all group exercise participants, regardless of ability level.
- Demonstrates willingness to fill group exercise substitution requests and cross-train instructing abilities to cover all necessary Health and Wellness vacancies.
- Assists with all Health and Wellness member needs while working at the Health and Wellness reception desk
- Completes daily front desk administrative and facility operation responsibilities.
- Provides gym supervision and takes any measures needed to prevent accidents
- Able to speak knowledgably when answering health and wellness related questions from members
- Assists in maintaining/testing pool chemicals levels, conducting pool maintenance procedures, and tracking supply usage
- Assists with maintenance/cleaning of the general facility and aquatic areas
- Assists with the preparation and participation of the public education program
- Committed to providing the best services possible by maintaining current certifications, attending continuing education seminars, and reviewing industry literature.
- Enforces all facility rules/regulations in a courteous manner.
- Follows established WCH and Health and Wellness policies and procedures
- Accepts constructive criticism/direction and effectively changes own performance
- Able to lead by example in living a healthy lifestyle.
- Demonstrates team approach by displaying the willingness to embrace a “facility first” attitude and exceeding expectations in any way possible.
- Other day to day operational duties, as necessary, to ensure the continued operation of the Health and Wellness Department.