$1500 Sign On Bonus (1 year commitment)
Position is for Dalton School District
Pay Rate $23.61 to $30.66 per hour
The Athletic Trainer has the specific knowledge and competency to prevent, recognize and assess Athletic injuries. An Athletic injury means any injury sustained by an individual that affects the individual's participation or performance in sports, games, recreation, exercise, or other activity that requires physical strength, agility, flexibility, speed, stamina, or range of motion.
RESPONSIBLE TO: Director, Rehab and Health/Wellness
MUST HAVE REQUIREMENTS:
College Degree in health related field including Exercise Physiology, Athletic Training, Sports Medicine or Exercise Science.
Licensed in the State of Ohio through the Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy and Athletic Trainers Board of Ohio and Certified through NATABOC.
Masters Degree in related field, Additional certifications through NSCA or comparable organization.
* Denotes ADA Essential
* Plans and implements comprehensive athletic injury and illness prevention programs.
* Conducts an initial assessment of an athlete's injury or illness in order to provide first aid / emergency or continued care, and to determine whether they should be referred to physicians for definitive diagnosis and treatment.
* Evaluates athletes' readiness to play, and provides participation clearances when necessary and warranted.
* Advises athletes on the proper use of equipment. Applies protective or injury preventive devices such as tape, bandages, or braces to body parts such as ankles, fingers, or wrists.
* Assesses and reports the progress of recovering athletes to coaches and physicians. Collaborate with physicians in order to develop and implement comprehensive rehabilitation programs for athletic injuries.
* Develops training programs and routines designed to improve athletic performance.
* Conducts research and provides instruction on subject matter related to athletic training or sports medicine.
* Performs team-support duties such as running errands, maintaining equipment, and stocking supplies.
* Recommends special diets in order to improve athletes' health, increase their stamina, and / or alter their weight.
* Travels with athletic teams in order to be available at sporting events.
* May work under the supervision of a Physical therapist to perform treatments designed to improve or restore function, relieve pain and prevent disability.
* Executes patient treatments properly, safely and appropriately taking into consideration for patients age, mental status and educational level.
* Maintains all documentation clearly in accordance to standards, in a timely manner.
3/07 Revised: 11/12. 7/10/19