Intern, Operations Management/Logistics (Orrville, OH)- Fall 2023
Jumpstart Your Future through The J.M. Smucker Company Internship Program
Looking for a world-class internship program at a Fortune 500 company? At Smucker, we’re committed to offering you a world-class experience and the opportunity to:
- Learn: Realize your potential in a collaborative, supportive environment where you’re part of the Smucker Family and challenged to be your best.
- Grow: Receive hands-on training from a dedicated mentor and connect with peers and leaders across our Company.
- Lead: Contribute to high-profile projects that support our strategic priorities along with opportunities to get involved.
Your internship at Smucker will help set you apart after graduation, with full-time roles regularly offered at the completion of their internship to those who excel. You’ll also benefit from intern housing assistance, should you qualify based on proximity, to ensure you have a positive experience and are financially able to afford the cost of living for the length of your internship.
Your Opportunity: Operations Management Intern (Orrville, OH)
• Allocate outbound orders to inventory, print warehouse pick cards and act as a point of contact for warehouse pick card process
• Reconcile inventory transaction, file shipment documentation, and provide support in daily shipment activities
• Support audit requirements as needed by pulling documentation. Assist with any corrective actions
• Create bill of ladings for outbound reverse logistics shipments as needed
• Act as single point of contact for setting daily dock appointments inbound raw materials
• Record raw material receipts in Oracle System as needed to ensure prompt payment
• Create and oversee process for central filing location of certificate of analysis documentation
• Process Advance Shipment Notices (ASNs) for incoming raw materials
• Assist procurement team in reviewing daily Material Requirements Reports (MRP) and issuing purchase orders to replenish inventory
• Support an improvement project identified during the co-op term with report-out to leadership at the conclusion
• Support Logistics team with special projects as needed
• Support Safety and Quality initiatives
What We’d Need From You
- A Sophomore with requisite educational experience in supply chain, logistics, or another relevant field
- A GPA of 3.0 or higher
- A well-rounded skill set including computer and analytics experience, adaptability, creative problem solving and effective communication
- A passion to help in our Inclusion, Diversity & Equity journey – working toward a thriving community where everyone feels mutual respect, a sense of belonging and can express their whole selves
Want to Learn More?
The J.M. Smucker Company: www.jmsmucker.com/about
Our Internship Program: www.jmsmucker.com/careers/internships
Follow us on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/the-jm-smucker-co/