Founded in 2004, Ohio Tool Works (OTW), a company of Hardinge is a leading manufacturer of industrial honing machines, tooling, and abrasives. Trusted by the world’s largest tubing and cylinder manufacturers, OTW designs and builds tailored honing solutions for a diverse and growing base of customers and applications across the global oil and gas, industrial, aerospace, automotive, and metal working industries. We are proud to offer world class products, deep industry expertise and superior customer service.
The Cost Accountant will work closely with the accounting team to ensure all assigned tasks and duties are completed on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis. Use the company ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) software package to process business transactions like accounts receivable, disbursements, cost accounting tasks and receipts. A successful Cost Accountant should already be familiar with basic accounting terminology and be eager to learn a variety of accounting processes as relate to a manufacturing environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Creating invoices from prior days’ shipments
· Processing warranty and no charge sales orders within our ERP system, M2M
· Processing incoming checks and credit card payments from customers and ensuring accurate numbers are reflected in M2M
· Collect on past due accounts and maintain a good accounts receivable standing, ensuring we collect on all available past due balances
· Cost new parts that are established within M2M
· Identifying problems with existing parts within M2M and re-cost to correct the issue.
· Creating daily, weekly, and monthly reports to send to corporate that include but are not limited to the Daily Cash, AP Summary, AR Summary, Received Goods Not Invoiced, etc.
· General ledger experience including account reconciliations
· Assist with the month end preparation
· Assist with the month end closing process
· Be in contact with current customers which may included phone conversations or email correspondences
· Create journal entries as needed
· Perform other duties as assigned
· Related experience using SharePoint, Outlook, Excel, Microsoft office, experience with Made2Manage a plus
· Accuracy and attention to detail
· Aptitude for numbers
· Excellent customer service stills
· Well organized and strong attention to detail