3M is seeking Production Packer candidates for Medina, OH!
- 3rd shift (10:00pm – 6:00am)
- Starting pay is $19.39 + $1.50 shift premium
The person hired as the Production Packer will be responsible for Packaging activities in assembly and packaging areas, including packing finished products on pallets as specified on slitting or sheeting orders, moving inventory, and/or loading trucks as necessary for storage, shipping or production needs.
- Understand and follow department General Standard Operating Procedures (GSOP) and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), Product Standards, Process Standards and Test Standards as required
- Counts or weighs items as required, check quality of items according to visual standards
- Understand and follow lot numbering systems and component segregation
- Safely operate PIV (Powered Industrial Vehicle) in a variety of work environments, around pedestrians, congested areas, etc.
- Know and follow DOT, EPA specifications concerning handling, transporting and storage of hazardous waste
- Possess a High School Diploma/GED or higher
- Minimum of six (6) months experience with handling hazardous waste, LP gas, and PIV operation
- Minimum six (6) months of manufacturing experience
- Basic math, able to count quickly and correctly
- Ability to multi-task
- Attention to detail
- Majority of the day consists of standing, walking, bending, lifting, operating a PIV and use of hands.
- May climb ladders and/or work on elevated platforms.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Tasks are primarily performed on the production floor with noise from running machines, running PIV equipment, working in congested areas to access materials, etc.
- Occasional outside work may be required.
- Work areas inside the plant can be hot and humid as it is not air conditioned.
Pay & Benefits:
- Competitive Salary
- Health Benefits (Vision & Dental) Coverage starts day 1 (One) of employment
- 401K Match
- Employee Stock Discount
For more information visit:
Do you see the world differently? Are you inspired by how a simple shift can result in big change? Do you share your ideas in the hopes of coming up with something even better by working together? Then join 3M! With 93,000 people around the world in more than 70 countries and $30 billion in sales, 3M is committed to building on our rich heritage by bringing our best to the innovations we create. Be part of improving how people live and work every day. Be part of what’s next at 3M!
Supporting Your Well-being
3M offers many programs to help you live your best life – both physically and financially. To ensure competitive pay and benefits, 3M regularly benchmarks with other companies that are comparable in size and scope.
Resources for You
For more details on what happens before, during and after the interview process, check out the Insights for Candidates page at 3M.com/careers
3M is an equal opportunity employer. 3M will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, or veteran status.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
Join us on Social Media!