Anticipated Elementary School Tutor
Reports to: Principal
Work Activity Classification: Light
Employment Status: Full-time
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
1. Appropriate State of Ohio certification
2. Demonstrate aptitude for successful completion of tasks assigned
General Description: Through individualized instruction and various assessments, students will make more than one year growth in working towards passing state required tests. Tutors, classroom teachers, parents and/or guardians are involved in a cooperative effort for maximum gains towards meeting this goal.
- Participate and plan an annual open house to which all parents or guardians of eligible students are invited. Explain the Title I program, procedures and activities made possible with the available Title I funds.
- Provide each classroom teacher with a grade level check list to evaluate each student in the fall and spring. Review the check list with the teacher.
- Using various assessments throughout the year, the Tutor will track gains the student has made from the beginning of the year until the end of the school year.
- Provide strategic instruction for each student.
- Collaborate with classroom teachers, staff and parents for reinforcement of needed skills.
- Provide information to parents on a regular basis through written or oral means concerning their child's progress.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as a role model for students and staff as to how to conduct themselves as citizens and as responsible, intelligent human beings.
- Help instill in students and staff the belief in and practice of ethical principles and democratic values.
- Perform other duties related to the Tutor’s duties as assigned by the principal or Director of Curriculum and Instruction as permitted by the negotiated agreement.
Additional Working Conditions:
- Occasional exposure to blood, bodily fluids and tissue.
- Occasional interaction among unruly children.
Terms of Employment:
Salary and work year to be established by the board.