As a Powertrain Engineer at JLG, you will assist with developing powertrain and driveline systems for off-highway equipment. You will collaborate with cross-functional teams and suppliers to design, integrate and validate powertrain systems, power transmissions, and driveline systems.
- You will assist in the preparation of layouts, models, component and installation drawings, specifications, and other engineering documentation.
- You will assist in the integration of powertrain and driveline purchased components, ensuring that supplier application requirements are satisfied and that supplier application approvals are obtained.
- You will develop designs that comply with applicable industry standards, legislative requirements, and internal design standards.
- You will perform or direct calculations, simulations, and other engineering analyses to guide and verify designs.
- You will assist in developing test plans, writing test procedures, and analyzing test data to validate designs.
- You will create documents that communicate the technical requirements of major components to facilitate competitive quoting activities.
- You will participate in the creation of vehicle performance calculations for possible design alternatives or for comparison to other vehicles.
- You will communicate requirements and work with controls engineers to develop controls strategies for powertrain and driveline components and systems.
- You will utilize diagnostic software tools to analyze data traffic in CAN bus systems for troubleshooting issues and verifying proper software functionality.
- You will provide technical assistance and support for prototype, pilot and start of production builds, including the resolution of design issues and requests to accommodate more efficient assembly.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or a similar associated Engineering discipline.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience with off-highway vehicle systems
- Experience with electrified vehicle powertrain systems
- Experience using system modeling and simulation software such as Simulink