You already ♥ us
Shearer’s is a privately held producer, co-manufacturer and distributor of quality snack foods sold under the Shearer’s brand, and other private labels. As a matter of fact, Shearers is the number one producer of kettle cooked chips in the world! As the leader in North America, we private label and co-manufacture salty snacks and we are the second largest producer of cookies and crackers. We utilize our manufacturing expertise to serve as a strategic supplier to our partners, who are nationally recognized retail and restaurant brands. So, while you may not be familiar with our name, you likely eat the products we make on a regular basis. With exceptional competence in product development, manufacturing, marketing, and distribution, we continue to realize significant growth in each segment of our business. Headquartered in Massillon, Ohio, we have over 5,000 associates in 11 state-of-the-art manufacturing and distribution sites in North America. You can visit our website at www.Shearers.com .
Accounting Intern, Summer 2023
Your seat at the table
Shearer’s Foods is currently seeking an energetic, self-motivated individual with a “can do” attitude to intern with the fast-paced Corporate Accounting & Treasury team.
- Assist with maintaining the daily treasury forecast model to provide management with accurate and timely cash reporting.
- Prepare assigned monthly bank reconciliations and investigate discrepancies, including collaboration with accounts receivable and accounts payable clerks.
- Perform inventory processes where responsibilities will include reconciliations to ledgers, research and completion of inventory credits and accounting for inventory.
- Perform corporate consolidated financial close functions where responsibilities will include account reconciliations, preparation of journal entries, and other tasks to support the team.
- Prepare audit support including work papers and supporting schedules for the external auditors relating to revenue selections.
- Collaborate with a fast-paced Corporate Accounting team where independent thought and work-product is required.
- Assist with administrative duties to support the payroll and accounting teams.
- Perform work on multiple projects, prioritize work and meet expectations and deadlines while demonstrating attention to detail.
- Coordinate special projects, anticipate issues and take initiative to resolve them.
- Participate in continuous improvement processes as assigned.
What you bring to the table
- Accounting/finance or business major with a current GPA of 3.2 or above.
- Must be enrolled in Accounting Courses
- Basic understanding of financial and accounting concepts.
- Strong analytical skills with a detail-oriented and task-focused outlook.
- Working knowledge of Excel.
- Ability to collaborate in a team environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
You will be considered for employment in our inclusive workplace
Because at Shearer’s, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is your invitation to apply now!