Shearer’s is a privately held producer, leading co-manufacturer, and distributor of quality snack foods sold under private labels across the nation. Ranking number one in private brand and contract manufactured salty snacks, as well as the number two supplier of private brand cookies and crackers in North America, you love our products, although you may not be familiar with our name! We utilize our manufacturing expertise to serve as a strategic supplier to our partners, who are nationally recognized retail and restaurant brands. With exceptional competence in product development, manufacturing, marketing, and distribution, we continue to embrace significant growth in each segment of our business. Headquartered in Massillon, Ohio, we have over 5,000 associates in 11 state-of-the-art manufacturing and distribution sites in North America. You can visit our website at www.Shearers.com.
Shearer’s Foods is currently seeking an energetic, articulate, self-motivated individual with a “can do” attitude to join the fast-paced Transportation/Logistics team.
Your seat at the table
- Assist with customer freight requirements.
- Assist with updating/creating new SOP’s for Transportation
- Assist with shared webmail box responsibilities (answering and filing emails)
- Performing basic analysis of delivery methods, routing needs and delivery schedules with vendors and suppliers.
- Interfacing with various departments including Customer Service and Supply Chain
- Participate with the research of transportation and logistics solutions.
- Participate in projects in the areas of logistics, network design, transportation, and optimization.
- May assume the duties normally performed in the transportation department, with current employees who perform these roles.
What you bring to the table
- Currently pursuing/enrolled in accredited college/university pursuing degree (Bachelors or Masters) within Transportation/Logistics, Supply Chain, Operations or related field
- 3.2 GPA or higher
- Time management, organizational and multi-tasking skills necessary to work in a fast-paced environment, handling various tasks and changing priorities, while maintaining a high attention to detail and accuracy to achieve daily assignments and goals
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with a detail oriented and task-focused outlook.
- Software skills, including use of Microsoft Office software and web-based applications.