Fresh Mark, based in Northeast Ohio, is looking for Packaging Engineer to join our team. This is a full-time, in-person position in our corporate office in Massillon, Ohio. The successful candidate will be responsible for designing, testing, and implementing packaging designs required for the needs of the organization’s products.
Primary Functions and Responsibilities:
- Oversee and manage complete packaging development process, including the creation of packaging designs, prototype development and performance testing.
- Troubleshoot new and existing packaging problems involving designs, materials, and processes and provide creative timely and cost-effective solutions.
- Analyze engineering drawings and specifications of product to determine physical characteristics of item, special handling, environmental and safety requirements and types of materials required for packaging.
- Identify and implement cost saving initiatives related to packaging materials, labor, efficiency, transportation and storage.
- Ensures all permits, licenses and contractor training requirements are in place and current.
- A bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or packaging engineering.
- Experience in industrial or consumer packaging is a plus.
- Project Management Skills.
- Must have good communication skills, orally and in writing.
We invite you to be part of our exciting team and rapidly growing business.
Fresh Mark provides an excellent work environment and comprehensive benefits including paid vacations and holidays, educational assistance and reimbursement, health care with low premiums and deductibles, vision, 401K with company match and more.
About Fresh Mark, Inc.
At Fresh Mark, people come first. It’s not just a slogan, it is engrained in the fabric of who we are and what we work to achieve every day. The cornerstone of our culture is based on a foundation of taking care of all our employees on every level. As a team member here, you will be given the tools, leadership, and support to grow in your knowledge and career and as a leader yourself.
Owned and made in the USA for 100 years, Fresh Mark’s Sugardale brand takes a personal approach to making great tasting high quality meats. For a century, we’ve been dedicated to making the best products, the best way. Made with top quality ingredients and workmanship, Sugardale supplies bacon, ham, hot dogs, sliced lunch meats, pepperoni and salami and other specialty meat items with annual sales of more than $1 billion.
Fresh Mark welcomes all interested people to apply for job opportunities in our company. We pride ourselves in being a diverse company and we consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, disability or any legally protected status. Please click HERE for our Employment Application Consent Form.
Fresh Mark is a drug free workplace.