Manufacturing/Maintenance Engineer Co-Op/Intern
Manufacturing/Maintenance Engineer Co-Op / Internship Opportunity
Carlisle Brake & Friction (CBF) is a leading solutions provider for high performance and severe duty brake, clutch and transmission applications to original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and aftermarket customers in the mining, construction, military, agricultural, motorsports, industrial, and aerospace markets. The company's brands, including Wellman Products Group, Carlisle Brake & Friction, Hawk Performance®, Japan Power Brake, VelveTouch® and Field Pro®, offer a diverse range of the most highly engineered braking and friction products available today. With 10 global manufacturing facilities in the U.S., U.K., Italy, China, Japan and India, Carlisle Brake & Friction serves more than 100 leading OEMs in 55 countries.
About the Position: This position will be working with the Maintenance and Facilities Department initiatives. This individual will assist in Facilities Engineering and other world-class practices to eliminate waste within our operations by improving equipment reliability.
- Respond to machine breakdowns. Work with maintenance personnel to troubleshoot and modify existing equipment systems, engineer solutions for corrective and preventive actions, and lead the implementation of the solutions
- Recommend the acquisition of capital equipment and equipment improvement projects based on assessments of the existing equipment and facility in order to meet new business demands, improve processes and safety, and decrease downtime. Prepare and submit capital project proposals. Manage the capital project from approval to completion
- Upgrade existing equipment for enhanced safety, functionality, and/or reliability
- Perform failure analysis on equipment
- Lead machine rebuild projects. This will include assessment of the machine, identification of scope of work, developing a budget and timeline, preparation of a project proposal, acquisition of needed parts and materials, management of the technical staff during the rebuild process, and recommissioning
- Support the installation of new equipment or rearrangement of existing equipment, including managing timelines, creating equipment layouts, planning for utility connections, and managing rigging and trucking
- Drive improvements in the information, reporting, and work flow of our Computerized Maintenance Management System
- Support the Carlisle Operating System (lean manufacturing) with an emphasis on improving our Total Productive Maintenance initiative
- Support efforts to remain compliant in ISO/TS 16949
- Must be willing to travel, work extended hours and weekends as required to perform the objectives of this function.
- Participates in Total Lean events to improve productivity and reduce waste.
Must have completed the Freshman year as a minimum and preferably be in the Sophomore, Junior or Senior year of Mechanical, Electrical, or Industrial Engineering Program.
Please visit our website for more product information: www.carlislecbf.com