Entry Level Staff Accountant
Stark Truss was founded in 1963 and is a leading manufacturer and supplier of wood components for the construction industry. With over 50 years of experience supplying large multi-family and commercial developments, single family track and custom homes and agricultural buildings. Our construction product line includes roof and floor trusses, wall panels, laminated veneer lumber (LVL), I-joists, light-gauge steel trusses, glulam posts, pre-built stairs, Stark Lam beams and connector hardware.
The Entry Level Accountant will provide accounting support to major financial accounting areas, including General Ledger Accounting, Cost Accounting and Financial Analysis.
Schedule: Monday – Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm
Wage: The starting range is $18 - $20 per hour with the possibility of overtime.
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision Paid Time Off, 401k with company match and many more!
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Specific duties include:
- Inventory Reconciliations
- Bank Reconciliations
- Allocate expenses based on key indicators
- Assist month end close process
- Review financial transactions for accuracy
- Assist with year-end close and audit
- Assist budgeting process
- Prepare and distribute financial reports and information to members of management
- Prepare and make journal entries
- Meeting processing and reporting deadlines
- Assisting accounting manager, credit manager and office managers as needed
- Working with intermediate to advanced Excel spreadsheets
- Analyze information and correct when appropriate, assist team members when direction is needed
- Development of various areas of accounting including Property Accounting, Sales Tax Accounting, and Cost Accounting
- Operate 10-key calculators, typewriters, scanners, and copy machines to perform calculations and produce documents
- Comply with federal, state, and company policies, procedures and regulations
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Must have aptitude to become a power user of our Business Systems
- Must have solid knowledge of accounting concepts
- Must be able to multi-task and be involved in cross-functional assignments
- Must have strong communication skills related to the Accounting Functions and the Office Management members of the Operational Plants which include, but are not limited to, critical thinking, mathematical reasoning, problem sensitivity, information ordering, and oral/written comprehension.
- B.S. Accounting/Finance or equivalent experience
- Experience with ERP based financial system
- Knowledge of NetSuite (preferred)
- Knowledge of accounting rules, regulations, policies and procedures
WORK STYLE REQUIREMENTS:
Must display Integrity, Honesty, Attention to Detail, Confidentiality, Dependability, Independence, Cooperation, Analytical Thinking, Initiative, Adaptability/Flexibility, Self-Control, and Persistence
- Contact with all levels of personnel within the company and with clients and vendors
- Expected to work a minimum of 40 hours per week plus whatever additional hours may be necessary to accomplish the job.
The aim of this statement is to describe the general duties, responsibilities and qualifications of person classified within this position. It should not be interpreted as a complete list of duties to be performed by individuals with this position/title. Further, it should not be interpreted as a complete list of all duties performed by individuals of this position/title on a daily basis.