Intervention Specialist - Middle School Classroom
A division of Chancelight Education, the nation’s leading provider of alternative
and special education programs for children and young adults. 🎓
Ombudsman, a growing, dynamic organization with a social mission to offer hope,
is seeking an Intervention Specialist to join our award-winning team and perform meaningful work
in a culture that welcomes innovation, encourages creative expression and offers
limitless potential for personal and professional satisfaction!
If you thrive in a fast-paced, goal-oriented, outcome-driven environment, seek a career with genuine purpose, and possess a problem-solving mindset, a sense of humor,
and a stellar work ethic – we should talk! ☎️
As an Intervention Specialist, you will plan, prepare and implement the instructional process for students with Individualized Education Plans (IEPs) within our learning centers or classrooms. This will involve maintaining standards for student behavior and providing a high degree of structure, clear expectations, and consistency in order to ensure a safe, secure, and effective learning environment.
‖ Responsibilities Include:
- Providing a collaborative environment for students, parents, center staff and administrative personnel.
- Establishing a climate that promotes a firm, fair and respectful classroom environment with a focus on social development and group responsibility by modeling and reinforcing positive behaviors as outlined in Positive Behavior Interventions and Supports (PBIS) program for the school and classroom.
- Implementing established school-wide and classroom PBIS program; reinforcement systems, behavioral expectations and consequence guidelines, prescribed level system program and assists with maintaining corresponding data collection/record keeping system.
- Recording student progress/ records and maintaining student files on a continuing basis, and preparing reports on children and activities, as required by laws, district policies, and administrative reg If applicable, write IEPs, behavior plans, functional behavior analyses as per required by specific contracts.
- Providing direct instruction in subjects if required.
- Working in a team environment to effectively teach collaboratively and/or co-teach curricular subjects as required in IEP.
- Modifying curriculum and assisting with differentiated instruction for students as well as staff.
- Using a variety of instructional strategies and resources to respond to the students' diverse needs and interests, including prescribed educational software and intervention curriculum.
- Acting as case manager if required by the district to special education students which may include updating the IEP and goal.
- Preparing lesson plans and materials for assigned class.
- Reporting incidents (fights, suspected child abuse, suspected substance abuse, etc.), maintaining the personal safety of students, providing a positive learning environment and adhering to State and Federal law.
- Assisting the Site Director in maintaining the physical center, furniture, and supplies in a neat and orderly condition according to procedure.
- Ensuring that the center and the outside surrounding area are neat, clean, well maintained and present an organized and professional appearance.
- Keeping up to date with research-based practices and developments in subject area, resources, and professional development.
- Responding constructively to formal and informal feedback.
‖ What else is important:
- Position operates with general direction from the director and functions as an integral part of the Ombudsman team in supporting and implementing Ombudsman and ChanceLight initiatives.
- Operates within the defined practices and processes from the Special Education function and adheres to the guidelines for compliance as defined.
- Supports the director in decisions regarding the operation of the center and is an active and productive member of the site team.
‖ Qualifications Required:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a related field.
- Special Education Certification/License.
- Willingness to be flexible and adapt to changing priorities and new initiatives.
- Strong oral and written communication, instruction, curriculum, conflict resolution, multitasking, problem solving, decision making and organizational skills.
- Highly skilled in supporting students with diverse needs.
- Knowledge of curriculum, differentiation and instruction.
- Prior relevant teaching experience preferred.
- Able to meet state professional teacher education requirements.
✨ At Chancelight Education, we offer employees the opportunity to make meaningful impacts, the support needed to achieve performance, success and advancement goals; and provide all tools essential to reaching personal & professional fulfillment!
‖ Perks and Benefits Include:
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision Plans
- Virtual Medical Visits
- Health Savings Account
- Paid Time Off
- School Hours and Paid Holiday Schedule
- Company Paid Life & Disability Insurance
- 401k Options
- Legal Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discount Program
- Opportunities for Growth & Development
- And so much more!
If you're ready to start changing the direction of students' lives by providing them the opportunity to create successful, independent futures... this is your Chance!
Join us and start making a genuine difference in the lives of children TODAY! 💙
Find complete details, and submit your application by visiting our employment website at:
Careers. With Chancelight. ⇆ Work. With Purpose.