Job Title: Necropsy Technician I
For 70 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development, and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we’ll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.
We are seeking an experienced Necropsy Technician I for our Safety Assessment Site located in Ashland, OH.
$1000.00 SIGN ON BONUS! $19 per hour. 4-10hr shifts. 3 day weekend!
The following are minimum requirements related to the Necropsy Technician I position:
• Perform basic necropsy support procedures (documentation, solution preparation, labeling, sample container preparation, cassette labeling, and tissue bagging, etc.)
• Perform tissue weights using validated computer data collection systems.
• Assist in data recording.
• Ensure the laboratory is clean and orderly.
• Follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Good Laboratory Practices (GLPs), Health & Safety standards and department policies/procedures in the performance of all duties.
• Receive, label and store laboratory supplies
• Assist in ordering supplies.
• Perform all other related duties as assigned.
The following are minimum qualifications related to the Necropsy Technician I position:
-Ability to lift/move up to 30 lbs regularly
-Able to stand for extended periods of time
-Able to work some weekends/holidays
• Certification/Licensure: None.
• Other: Must be able to perform effectively as a team member, accurately record data, follow verbal and written instructions, maintain a positive work atmosphere, communicate effectively, and interact in a professional manner with management, coworkers, and sponsors. Experience with computer software programs is preferred.