Commercial Sales Intern/Co-op
Under the direction of a Sales Leader, this person will support strategic commercial projects for multiple manufacturing locations to deliver the required equipment, parts and services. The scope of this position requires working closely with multiple departments, divisions and executive leaders to support global sales.
Must be an excellent communicator, problem solver, and self-driven learner, as well as possess strong analytical abilities. Must demonstrate commitment to Carlisle’s Values and Total Quality philosophy. Must maintain working knowledge in all disciplines of World Class Manufacturing Techniques. Strong sense of urgency. Meet deadlines. Able to take direction and coaching. Strong analytical skills, along with working knowledge of PC applications & statistical software. Team approach to problem solving. Individual must be a motivated, self-starter with the ability to work independently and/or in a cross-functional work team environment.
- Manage multiple commercial projects that may include pricing analysis, product launches, and market intelligence.
- Prepare, review, execute, and analyze request for quote (RFQ) proposals to deliver desired outcomes.
- Comprehend and communicate the critical characteristics of engineering drawings for components.
- Working within an enterprise resource planning (ERP) system to understand sales trends, forecasts, and historical pricing data.
- Support Sales Managers in negotiation efforts through benchmarking, data analytics, and providing market insights.
- Build relationships and engage in business environment to identify new opportunities for improvement.
- Commit to supporting manufacturing and/or internal customer needs on projects.
- Working towards a bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business, or Marketing is required.
- Strong Microsoft Office (i.e. Excel, PowerPoint, etc) experience.
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 2 years of college credits.
- Must be able to demonstrate excellent communication, analytical, negotiation and organizational skills in conjunction with the ability to manage multiple projects.
- Looking to gaining experience and knowledge in a manufacturing setting focusing on niche markets (i.e. Mining, Construction, Agriculture, Performance Automotive, Aerospace, Defense, etc).
- Gain experience in working with cross functional teams to provide comprehensive analysis of equipment, services and value add services.
- Improve understanding of market trends in global and domestic market conditions.
- Candidate must physically and mentally perform the job demands as listed above.