Account Manager 1
ArcBest is a logistics company with creative problem solvers who deliver integrated solutions for complex supply chain challenges.
Wanting to join the ArcBest family? In our search for top talent, we are looking for those that will further enable us to deliver on our vision and fully support our values-driven culture.
Currently, we are looking for an Account Manager to join ArcBest. Your daily activities are challenging and fast paced. Your primary responsibilities involve identifying potential customers with shipping needs, building business relationships, assessing needs, providing transportation solutions, determining the price of the transportation service, closing deals and building a profitable book of business. The Account Manager's objective is to define the service requested, determine ArcBest's ability to meet the need, identify the market rate to perform the service, and an acceptable target price for the service in question. The position offers a high degree of responsibility and exposure to numerous aspects of the transportation business, including pricing, sales, marketing, and all modes of freight movement.
Your contribution may include:
- Make pricing decisions for ArcBest customers.
- Generate sales leads from both internal and external sources.
- Offer multi-channel options with varying service levels.
- Cold calling potential leads, develop leads into prospects, then convert these prospects into committed customers which provide both revenue and profit for ArcBest.
- Aggressively grow a sales territory and maintain a superior level of business.
- Apply negotiating skills and sales techniques to obtain maximum profitability.
- Analyze market conditions, underlying costs, lane capacity, profitability guidelines and previous success with customers.
- Frequently communicate with ArcBest outside sales personnel.
- Provide spot and committed pricing when necessary, gathering market information in order to maximize profitability.
- Follow-up with customers and carriers to ensure processes are working correctly and expectations are being met.
As an Account Manager, you will be a member of the Customer Solutions: Truckload Sales team. Your hours will be Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, with irregular hours that may occur depending on work load.
Ready to apply? Before doing so, please make sure you meet the minimum requirements:
- Education: A High School Graduate or a General Education Degree required
- Experience: 1 or more years of experience
- Computer Skills: Basic, Microsoft Suites
If you require accommodation in the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (479) 785-8963. An Equal Opportunity Employer including Vet/Disability.