Founded in 1933 by Joseph Fisher, Fisher Foods Marketing Inc. has been the locally owned leader in the
Grocery industry in Stark County, Ohio. The Fisher Family is committed to the local community we serve, and is currently in the fourth generation of family commitment to the business. Below are Fishers Mission,
Vision, and Core Values to which we hold each and every member of Fisher’s team of employees accountable:
We are committed to providing high quality foods, products and services that enrich the lives of our customers and our employees, and we do so profitably. We live here, we work here, and we are passionate about serving our Stark
Our vision is to be the highest performance organization in Ohio. We achieve this by empowering our employees, providing an extraordinary customer experience, and delivering positive financial results.
Core Values – Our “CIRCL” of Excellence
_ C ompetitiveness: We are creative and relentless in our pursuit of bringing value and excellent service to our customers while continuously improving our performance. _
_ Integrity: We treat employees, customers and vendors with respect, honesty and loyalty. _
_ Recognition: We are recognized and respected as THE grocery leader in Stark County. _
_ Cleanliness: We provide a safe, clean environment for our customers and employees _
_ Local Community: We live here and work here; we are committed to serving our local community. _
Position Title: Baker
Reports To: Production Bakery Manager/ Store Manager
The baker is responsible for producing, baking, merchandising, weighing, wrapping, pricing and selling all products in the bakery. Employee unloads product from trucks, stages stock in the back room and in the cooler and freezer. Mixes raw materials, develops recipes and maintains product consistency. Operates stock dollies, mixing machines, bread slicers, ovens, scales, fryers, proofers, mechanical price marking devices and uses knives and case cutters. Works shifts, normally up to 8 hours a day and due to the nature of the position and time sensitivity of the finished product, all of these shifts will be overnight, and concluding in the very early morning. Must be able to lift and stacks up to 50 lbs. and be able to reach and stocks product on shelves and racks up to 6 feet high. In addition, prepares bakery items such as breads, cakes. Pastries, donuts and rolls. Will prepare product by filling, merchandises, packaging and sell in product, and develops and follows recipes. Helps customers with order selection, uses suggestive selling, checks in vendors, logs spoilage, logs item sales and maintains product freshness, also works in the cooler and freezer and performs sweeping, mopping, case cleaning and general cleaning functions.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Prepare, produce and merchandise product to meet sales needs.
2. Control consistency and quality of product and maintain sanitation and production standards.
3. Lift & stack up to 50 pounds.
4. Reach & stock product up to 6 feet high.
5. Travel to & from work.
6. Train and supervise employees.
7. Pull or push wheeled vehicles weighing up to 500 pounds.
8. Operate bread slicers, proofers, scales, fryers, mixers ovens
9. Normally work a maximum 8 hour shift.
10. Provide verbal & physical assistance to customers and employees.
11. Produce, weigh, package, wrap, price and sell product.
12. Develop recipes.
13. Perform freshness checks and re-condition product.
14. Perform sweeping, cleaning and mopping functions.
15. Operate telephones and intercoms.
16. Prepare, stock and merchandise product.
17. Date and rotate product.
18. Bag and remove trash.
Age required: 18 (for duties requiring minimum age)
Basis of Evaluation
The primary basis of evaluation for this position is the performance of the above mentioned duties, along with customer satisfaction.
1. Honesty, integrity and a strong desire to succeed.
2. Attention to detail and safety
3. Excellent organizational and communication skills.
4. Ability to deal tactfully with human issues with colleagues and customers.
5. Ability to create and maintain cooperative team building relationships.
6. Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
7. Ability to work overnight shifts
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $12.00 - $14 per hour
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- 8 hour shift
- Overnight shift
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Canton, OH 44718: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: One location