Commissioners' Administrative Counsel
Commissioners’ Administrative Counsel
(must be licensed to practice law in the State of Ohio)
Would you like to have a consistent Monday through Friday schedule, plus work for a place that serves the public, has job stability, great benefits, great retirement system and a great team to work with? Would you like to have 11 paid holidays per year, ample sick leave and vacation leave (and unused leave rolls over to the next year)? If so, Wayne County is the place! The Wayne County Commissioners are currently accepting employment applications for the full-time position of Commissioners’ Administrative Counsel. Applicants must be licensed to practice law in the State of Ohio. This position will report to the County Administrator.
This position will provide legal advice to all Commissioners’ offices and act as general counsel to the Board. The duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Advise the Wayne County Commissioners on legal matters.
- Review requests from outside agencies such as requests for new funds to ensure compliance with ORC and/or grant requirements.
- Draft and review all bids, contracts, grant documents, annexations, road vacation petitions, and real estate transactions to ensure that we comply with all legal requirements and that the language meets the needs of the Commissioners’ offices.
- Draft and review resolutions for the Board of Commissioners.
- Handle Workers’ Compensation hearings and appeals.
- Coordinate any outside legal needs including requests to County Prosecutor and other contracted attorneys.
- Oversee compliance with prevailing wage requirements.
Applicants must submit a required employment application (downloadable from http://www.wayneohio.org/employment-opportunities) and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Or drop it off at the Wayne County Commissioners’ Office, 428 West Liberty Street, Wooster, Ohio 44691, Attn: Marcy Stoller Questions? Call 330-287-5410.
Posted 1/20/23. The position will be open until filled.
Wayne County is an Equal Opportunity Employer