Human Resources Generalist
SUMMARY OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIES: The focus of the role of the Human Resources Generalist is talent acquisition, employee relations, regulatory compliance, employee engagement, and training and development. This role will be critical to drive a positive cultural impact within the business units that it supports. Will support the Akron Brass business unit.
REPORTS TO (Title): Human Resources Manager
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for processing and maintaining personnel/benefit records on all employees. Adherence to record retention guidelines to ensure that files are maintained in an organized and secure manner is paramount.
- Will prepare and verify the accuracy of all information when conducting transactions, including new hire rates, promotional increase guidelines, transfers, and termination pay through dates.
- Serves as liaison with IDEX’s HRIS team.
- Develops monthly, quarterly, annual HR Reports for management review and analysis.
- Assists employees in processing leave of absence requests such as FMLA, STD, LTD, military, personal.
- Leads the planning and organizing of employee benefit communication/open enrollment meetings and processing all documentation.
- Works with human resources team to coordinate external job postings/internal bidding for all positions – ensures proper reconciliation of labor and cost centers within Workday.
- Responsible for the accurate and timely input, maintenance, filing and reporting of all employee data, including HRIS and security system maintenance.
- Responsible for timely and accurate processing of all payroll related changes and communicating to payroll partner through current processes.
- Assist with annual engagement survey processes, including administering the survey and conducting focus groups surrounding the responses.
- Responsible for new hire and benefit orientation and paperwork, background checks and drug screens, organizational announcements, and onboarding plans.
- Assists supervisors and managers in the development, communication and implementation of new programs and procedures that affect the workforce of the business unit.
- Assist with company-wide engagement and community initiatives that include volunteer/community events and other events as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND REQUIRED ABILITIES:
- Strong PC skills working within MS Office environment. Workday or other HRIS system experience a plus.
- Strong communicator, creative in nature, willing to speak in front of large groups of people.
- Requires a self-starter, possesses the ability to take initiative and work independently.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidential key employee and business information.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in Business, Human Resources, or other applicable field.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in Human Resources or other relevant work experience.
- Intermediate knowledge of labor laws, including EEO, wage/hour, staffing, compensation, benefits, unemployment, and workers compensation.
- Experience in contract administration, HRIS/payroll systems, benefits administration, and employee engagement a plus.
- While performing the responsibilities of the job, these work environment characteristics are representative of the environment the job holder will encounter. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- This position requires standing, sitting, walking, talking, and hearing. Office and manufacturing environment with moderate noise levels.
The above statements reflect the general details necessary to describe the principal functions of the job, and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the job.